I want to buy a printer for head shots

Discussion in 'Canon imagePRESS Digital Presses' started by Tpro1, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Tpro1

Tpro1 New Member

Hey there,

I want to buy a printer (hopefully finding a used one on amazon to save money) to print commercial head shots for acting purposes. Obviously head shots need to be printed on nice paper and in high quality.

Anyone have any good suggestions on printers I should go with? Also, types of paper I should use? I am on a VERY tight budget so great quality for little money is what I'm looking for.

MUCH THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

2. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

You posted this in the canon imagepress forum -- you're looking at $40,000-$60,000 for the "baby" imagepress c1 as a starting point. This doesn't seem inline with your looking to find one used on amazon -- if you do buy used make sure you do your research as parts can cost an arm and a leg if you're not under service contract. Can you clarify a bit what you're looking for in terms of volume? I suspect you're really looking for a small inkjet where the cost of the printer is minimal, quality is excellent, paper flexibility great, but price per print is high.