I need opinion - wooden or plastic knock up block?

Discussion in 'Cutters and Trimmers' started by Tomas, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Tomas

Tomas Member

I just cut the wooden knock up block. Now i don't know if i would go for a wooden again or plastic, both original from Polar. There is only small difference in the price so price dosen't matters. Please share your pros and cons.

2. mludwig

mludwig Member

I'd have to go with the wood block. What's important to me has been the freedom of movement it provided. The wood has a smooth coating on it and it slides like on ice. I have also tried a plastic block and it works all right, but there's some drag since it's magnetized on the bottom. Either type can get damaged by the blade or clamp if careless, so durability-wise they're about the same.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
  3. Tomas

Tomas Member

Tnx for answering but i had to order quickly. I went with one wooden block and one plastic both original Polar. I just got them today, and on first day of tryout i have to say plastic is beter.
    Handel is better little wider then on wooden and a little havyer. And it dosent have that magnetic stip underneth like nonoriginal. Im just sorry i didn't take both plastic.....but u know 1000 cuts per day will result in cuting another one in half in a year or two :)

4. mludwig

mludwig Member

Sure. It's a personal preference matter. I prefer not to use air to move the stack around, another co-worker likes it.