i need advice,info and tips for PM GTO-52-1

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by metalfabsection, Nov 15, 2009.

1. metalfabsection

metalfabsection Senior Member

hello next week i will conduct a running test for GTO 52 .from big press(assistant and never run press alone ,komori LS540) to small press like GTO i think that i need some advice.i should be able detect any problem of the press and ask the contractor that doing maintenance and recondition of the press to fix any problem occur. the press using continuous dampening system without alcohol. if u guys have ever running this press please give anything that you all knew anything such as trouble shoot,colour sequence,setting the press for make ready. thanks...

2. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Do a strip width test of the form rollers on the plate. Check all the grippers. Check the register of the machine on light and heavy stock (run 50 sheets and run them through again to check accuracy).
    General cleanliness and condition of the machine is a good indicator of a good previous operator.

We have tried alcohol free on our gto and it wasnt too good so we switched back to IPA. In saying that i use alcohol free on my lithrone and its brilliant. I think on bigger heidelberg presses the rollers need to be changed to run alcohol free but id say a gto would be fine.
    Ideally take somebody who has ran a gto before with you.

3. KGM

KGM Senior Member

Also, turn off the dampening and run a solid ink test.
    Check for wear on the ink duct keys and make sure they are all working

4. metalfabsection

metalfabsection Senior Member

how i can detect if the ink duct key wear or not? could someone explain to me about the lateral distribution(ink distribution) and the ink key controlled by lever is that mean the ink key is segmented type? i am from big,fully automation press(not an operator just assistant) and when i work with the "tiny" press well i feel like i dont know anything . I do a part time job running GTO.