I am stuck need help with feed tray please Ryobi 3302

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by stickycreationz, Dec 29, 2013.

1. stickycreationz

stickycreationz Senior Member

I have an itek 3985 same as ryobi 3302 I was using think paper and had no problems today I changed to 11x17 process paper and it continuiosly set off the feed jam detector. I have a clean feed tray clean tape I have set the feed rollers over and over to no avail. I have adjusted the roller that turns to feed the paper in the pinchers pick up the paper. What I see is the paper gets to the stopper just fine and straight but it seems the paper gets there a moment to soon? as the paper is pushed up in the middle before being injected to the pinchers or grabbers? Sorry for the terminology not an advanced printer. I cannot get past this issue with input from you all it maybe able to get solved so please help much needed. Thank you and thank you. I cannot print until I get this fixed. It seems to work in real slow mode fine but once I get to 2000 sheets an hour or more problem starts sometimes in slow mode. I can watch the paper buckle up in the middle before pinch or grabblers grab paper and pulls around drum

2. Bill Borcicky

Bill Borcicky Senior Member

It sounds like the problem is going to be at your feed rollers. it may be that there is trash under your two outside guides which direct the paper between the feed rollers. possibly even something on the table in the same area. ( hard to clean in that area ) another thing to check would be your lower feed roller. they tend to wear and even get ink or powder stuck to them. clean or replace if needed.

sometimes the paper curl will create problems as well. you may try to flip paper over, or curl the lead edge a different way.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  3. stickycreationz

Hey Bill thank you for your input! I will check it out this weekend as I print this for a ministry on weekends after regular job. Question do you have an idea of what is going on? Like what it maybe doing? such as paper getting there too late etc? But I will go back through it and do what you are saying this weekend and repost.

4. Bill Borcicky

It sounds like something is dragging the paper, slowing it down . perhaps not sending the paper correctly. Without seeing it myself, I will suggest, to feed a few sheets into the grippers by using the handwheel. The paper should reach the grippers when they are fully opened. As you slowly turn the handwheel, the paper will get pushed into the top of the grippers and begin to buckle / wave. Then the grippers will close. Once the grippers are closed the feed rollers should release.
    If the feed rollers fail to send the paper to the gripper before they close (late) they need to be dropped lower. If the paper overshoots the grippers , then raise feed roller.
    The paper should buckle,, that keeps the paper in the grippers until they close. You may need to lower your feed roller a little more. The buckle might be too small from the way I understand you.

5. stickycreationz

Ok thank you very very much for that! I understand better now. I will go back over it i think the buckle is to much or perhapps the feed roller is dragging some even when adjusted so you gave me a clear heads up now on which way to tackle this thank you i will report back

6. Bill Borcicky

One thing which is often overlooked, the feed table wheels need to barely touch the tail edge of the sheet after it reaches the headstops . if the wheels are on the paper or if they are not touching the paper at this point, the feed roller can not feed the paper correctly.

Happy Printing !

7. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

Bill is spot on here. In fact I've seen some machines where the feed table wheels and straps are missing. Good advice from Bill across the board.

You also mention the paper is "11x17 Process paper" is this just coated text of some kind? Ryobi's can have some serious static issues. The worst case on lightweight coated sheets.

8. ryobiman63

ryobiman63 Member

Another thing to check and make sure ur hold downs or long metal straps don't have anything on the bottom side that may cause sum drag. And another cud be the headstops too high causing drag and flowing the timing off on the sheet.

9. ryobiman63

ryobiman63 Member

Usually on anything other than cover stock I set my feed roller pressure at 1 1/2 turns as I put a mark on it to determine the amour of rotations

10. ryobiman63

ryobiman63 Member

Again with coated stock I always have to fan it out more then offset stock, turn on my back air blowers to help seperate the longer sheet. And seems ryobi's don't like curled up paper, so try to run curl dwn first.

11. superteto

superteto Previous User

contact me:ercupa@netscape.net give your email

superteto