HP Z2100 Colour profiles... printing wrong colour.... HELP!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by tonymaclennan, Nov 24, 2010.

1. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

i had the exactly same problem with my canon.
    what i had to do is no matter what media was loaded, on the print properties always select paper, also i had to turn colour management off, (no profiles) on the printer properties. and now the colours are spot on, if i change any of these settings it will go pair shaped again, but it prints perfect now and only took me a month of getting really annoyed and nearly throwing it out of the window

3. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

Interesting.

I have just sent and selected the paper type in printer properties with no luck :(

Turn colour management off where? in photoshop or on t he printer itself!...?

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

on the canon i go to printer settings, on the computer, there is a tab called colour setting, and a list of profiles, i have to select none which is on the list, to get it to work. Im printing from corel draw which has its own colour profiles, which you can turn off to, and let the printer manage itself.
    i also dont mess with the photos changing them from rgb ect, just print as the original jpeg. these machines are designed to be easy. also try a smaller photo? you never know

5. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

Still no luck.

Any other suggestions?

6. plotter

plotter Senior Member

try un installing the printer and re instaling it, and using word or similiar (open office) is a free download. import a pic to this that has not been played with (direct from sd card) and try printing it then on the highest quality setting again with no profiles, i think its a software ,colour calibration problem. because photoshop and corel are basically high end programs there is alot to play with on the colour side of things, microsoft on the other hand is basically user friendly with less to mess around. Apart from that make sure all heads are firing and that the inks are in there correct place

7. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

re-installing: done
    using word: done

tried installing printer on two other computers: done
    calibration via printer panel: done

print diagnotic images: done (all spot on)
    tried other images: done (consisting printing wrong colour schemes)

I agree it has to be colour management. Maybe with the printer. I don't know what to do now and printing is my business!! HP want to charge me £1.8k to come out :eek: - anybody in the Lincoln area wanting to earn some ££ (UK)???

My next option, buy a new printer until this is resolved??

8. plotter

plotter Senior Member

9. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

Upgrade firmware: done
    Upgrade driver: done
    Update paper profiles: done

But I appreciate your efforts. I am going to go through that link you posted above again in great depth! Hopefully I missed something and that resolves it!!! (if thats the case, you will be well rewarded :p)

10. tonymaclennan

tonymaclennan Member

Whatabout RIP software? Maybe this would sort it out?

11. [=Brian=]

[=Brian=] Member

I checked the original photo the background looks like a peach/orange to me more than it does pink.