HP Indigo

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Enood, Jul 1, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Enood

Enood Previous User

Why is there not anything within the forum about HP Indigo?

2. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

There have been a few curious questions about indigos here but I don't think there are any indigo users on this forum yet, nor have I found another forum with actual user to user talk. I don't know if there's a closed community somewhere or if the number of indigos is on the decline in recent years with lasers so much better and more common now, not to mention offset automation cutting minimum profitable offset runs in half or more in recent years.

3. Enood

Enood Previous User

Indigo's on the decline......Quite the opposite.

Unfortunately/fortunately there is a forum page dedicated to HP indigo users which maybe why there is such a lack on this site?

4. xpquickprint

That seems likely. Hopefully in time some indigo users will stumble upon the forum here too -- it's always interesting hearing from people using other technologies than what we run, so I hope so.

Are you running an indigo right now?

How have things changed in the last few years in indigo technology?

I had a half dozen jobs outsourced on an indigo before hp took them over, but it's been years; I don't do variable data, it was for short run capability only and now laser and offset have closed the gap with more economical solutions from opposite directions.

5. Enood

Enood Previous User

The indigo users site is well used for solutions to all related indigo problems, run by users for users, you always get help from other users on a daily basis whether its hardware/software or materials

Yes im running indigo's right now, the quality of improvements over the years has been outstanding, you mentioned that inkjet has closed the gap so have you seen the new HP inkjet web press.

I dont think it will be long before the inkjet has the quality of litho/digital.

Just so you know I used to run litho and now run digital and I am sticking to digital for its pure versertility and quality.

Cheers

Enood

6. xpquickprint

No, I'm not in touch with where inkjet is right now. A few years ago I moved 400 miles. Before then I used to have short run jobs run by a local company who ran an indigo. Back then they didn't like to print any heavy solids on it as one of the limitations, but this was one of the early indigos.

I'm curious what inkjet brings to the table although lasers and offset have closed the gap for me for the most part; lasers are 10x better now than they were 5 years ago in stock handling, subtle blends, and finish quality and can produce nice short run booklets, brochures, rack cards, etc. 5 years ago the average person on the street could spot a color copier print a mile away; now they look fine in a rack. And we've nicely sped up job changes in the last 5 years on offset, not to mention the guys with larger sheet sizes seem to have a lot more spare capacity and automation now so I'm able to outsource jobs I can't handle even when the run is quite short which was not an option 5 years ago.

7. xpquickprint

P.S. can the indigo users site be browsed by someone not currently running an indigo or do you need to get in through a dealer / tech rep?

8. ShawnTRD

ShawnTRD New Member

I've been running a Indigo 3050 for about 4 years now. In Upstate, NY I've been hearing about new Indigo's being installed all the time.

"there is a forum page dedicated to HP indigo users"?? Where? Are you talking about DSCOOP? We only used DSCOOP until they wanted to start charging use to use it.

9. pennyprinter

pennyprinter New Member

Well, I just found this forum, and our shop just got an HP Indigo 3050. We've been running it about two weeks and are still getting our feet wet. No variable data job yet-

We are having some issues with the ventilation of the room we had built for it. HP rep that helped prep the site said it was fine, but the ozone it omits is a bit heavy.

ShawnTRD- did your shop have any ventilation issues when you first started running it?

10. Enood

Enood Previous User

Fellow HP Indigo operators,

The site you require is indigousers.net
    :)
    Sorry for the late reply

11. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

Welcome to the forum pennyprinter -- please stick around as we build our base of fellow indigo users here.

Very nice user site there too Enood -- I hope in time we can get that many indigo users here as well :)

12. sherryvicstar

sherryvicstar Member

good forum

Really a good site. I could feel that. And printplanet.com is also a good forum. Hope they grows stronger day by day.

Is anybody know which country the forum belongs to?

13. Color Printing Forum Admin

Color Printing Forum Admin Administrator

We are based in the US.

14. sherryvicstar

sherryvicstar Member

Thanks for your kind answer >.<