HP Indigo PSP w/ good RGB RIP Workflow (East Coast)

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by onpaper, Nov 23, 2013.

1. onpaper

onpaper Member

Hi, I am hoping you can help me find a print service provider in the east coast using an HP Indigo 7XXX series or higher that can handle RGB workflows well.

I run a small book publishing firm that specializes in artist books. Most of the content pages of my books consist of images using the sRGB or Adobe1998RGB color spaces. My current HP Indigo provider is very accommodating but has a CMYK workflow calibrated for consistency with their offset equipment. When I submit work to them it is difficult to get the color close to the original and I often can do better with my own Xerox 550 color wise. IF I submit the same files to any of the "photo products" printers using HP Indigos with RIPS that work well in the RGB color space (do the CMYK conversion very well) the results are excellent and require no additional steps. The problem with the "Photo Products" printers I am familiar with is that they have no flexibility about paper choices, I am too small for them or will not use my premium Indigo approved papers (Mohawk or Neenah). Also, some of the "Photo Products" printers will not handle just the press sheets (we do our own binding).

Please let me know if you know of a printer in the east coast (near DC preferably) that can provide press sheet services using an RGB workflow.

Thank you,

ABOOKS