HP Indigo Grease Molykote HP-870 where can I get some?

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Darren R McKeever, May 18, 2018.

1. Darren R McKeever

Darren R McKeever New Member

Has anyone found where to get Molykote HP-870 Grease for their Indigo Printer at a reasdonable price? HP is now charging $700 for a 100g tube! Since we are part of the click-charge program we can get it at a "discount" of $350. I have been searching everywhere for a cheaper price or a cheaper alternative. Any ideas???

I've tried Google as well as this and many other forums and similar product websites. I found a place in the UK that sells it for about $220 (plus shipping) for 100g tube and a place in China (via eBay & Alibaba) that sells a 500g tub for $600. It's a better price than the HP price, but still darn expensive. I was hoping someone may know of a cheaper source.

The HP Indigo requires a very specific type of grease. Dow makes dozens of types of Molykote and it seems the HP-870 is one that is really tough to find. Thanks.

2. FFR428

FFR428 Senior Member

We bought the 500g tub after the tube we had ran out. Paid about the same ($500) few years ago. Expensive stuff. The tub will last a lifetime and then some.

3. White rabbit

White rabbit Member

4. White rabbit

White rabbit Member

I was told by a 3rd party repair place that they use Hi Temp Synthetic grease as a replacement. It is red in color and available from various places. I have been using it for about a year, and have had no problems. Make sure it is High Temp. I do think that it needs to be applied more often than the Molykote. Just my 2 cents... Oh, i am using it on a 3050 if that might matter.

Sorry for the above Quote. Cant figure out how to delete....

5. zanhan4

zanhan4 Member

Hi if i dont mistake i have white grease but how you can get this grease ?
    call me +972525221463 email zanhan4@gmail.com leonid