Hp indigo - estimated lease/click charge for an HP indigo 7000 series?

Discussion in 'HP Indigo Digital Presses' started by Michael4, Apr 21, 2011.

1. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

Anyone has a rough estimated lease/click charge for an HP indigo 7000 series? at volumes around 40K a month?

2. RPode

RPode Member

I have info on the Indigo 5500 if you're interested. I know the click charges for the 3550 and the 5500 are the same, but I'm not sure if the same is true for the 7000.

3. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

yeah , would love some info. I know you can run Vinyl on the indigo...

4. RPode

RPode Member

Remember you pay per color and each color is a click. (8 1/2 x 11 is the same cost as 11x17, so the more up you can run the cheaper the sheet becomes)
    One color .005
    Two color .009 (Say 2 color letterhead 2up =.018 per sheet)
    Full color 1-400,000 tier .02 (4 color 1 side = .08 per sheet)
    Full color 401,000-800,000 tier .015 (4 color 1 side = .06 per sheet)
    Full color 800,000-1.2million tier .014 (4 color 1 side = .056 per sheet)

The cost of the 5500 with some extras is around 385,000. Plust they want 1,700 for a service contract.
    I have had samples (my own files) from just about every manufacturer out their and the Indigo's print quality is amazing.

5. Michael4

Michael4 Senior Member

I didn't know it worked that way. When i first read your comment about one click per color, i image the costs to be far greater than a standard 4 color digital press. But in actuality the click cost is not much more than my ImagePress.

The cost of the Machine itself is much greater. But the ability to spot color would be spectacular. The different models have a different number of ink slots correct? or are they all the same..

6. RPode

RPode Member

Yes the 3550 you can get 5 color and the 5500 you can get 6. What makes this machine so appealing is you can have spot colors mixed so you can truely do 2 color work. The less colors you you print the faster the machine runs too. We are looking at one so we can keep our corporte color consistant, add a splash of color to our mostly black policy and still be able to produce high quality marketing material.

7. JoseLuis2040

JoseLuis2040 New Member

Indigo 5500 Costs

Hello, do you have any information about the indigo 5500 energy supply
    (is it 220 Volts 3Phase 60Hz?),
    consumption rate,
    and maintenance cost (after how many clicks the machine need a reparation or maintenance?
    RPode, the cost per click you are talking about earlier ar about only leasing? or including Ink? or just the Ink without the leasing?
    Thanks
    JC

8. JoseLuis2040

JoseLuis2040 New Member

Indigo 5500 Ink

how many prints usually do an Ink pack for this press?
    thanks
    JC

9. RPode

RPode Member

JC, It requires a 3phase hook up. Not sure on consumption. Maintenance is as needed. Click covers all ink costs. Maintence fee covers all machine parts, labor for repairs and updates.

10. JoseLuis2040

JoseLuis2040 New Member

Indigo 5500

thanks PRode, how much is normally your monthly maintenance expenditure?
    Lot of thanks!

11. RPode

RPode Member

We don't actually have one yet, but I have my fingers crossed.

12. Robert2328

Robert2328 New Member

HP Indigo Digital Presses

I was in the market for a digital press and looked at the HP Indigo. After thoroughly researching, I decided to purchase the MGI Meteor DP60 Pro. The Indigo is an excellent press, but the click charges were too high if you really understand them. I liked the MGI because there is no monthly click charge. I pay for the consumables as I need them and I have a very low set monthly maintenance fee. However, I have had the press for almost two years and I have not had many service calls at all, maybe 4 per year.

13. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Interesting Robert. If MGI is committed to providing a reasonable and stable consumable supply, that could be a simple way to do business. Do you get any assurance of supplies cost stability in your contract over the course of the machine lease?

14. Robert2328

Robert2328 New Member

It has been very stable so far. Actually, my consumables cost has decreased. The monthly service contract fee is very low in comparison to other high quality digital presses I researched. Worth looking into if you're lease is about to end or you are looking to make a change. The print quality is great.

15. demteam

demteam New Member

If your click volume is 40k per month you might look at a 5500. We have a 3050, and our volume is between 85k and 175k. At that level, it is hard to pay for the equipment.
    I think the 7000 and 5500 have the same resolution. However the 7000 has a slightly larger image.

16. smygolf

smygolf Member

The 5500/700-7500 have the option to rip files in 1200 dpi but 800 its good enuogh for most job. But under some cirumstanses we use 1200.
    Adaptive halftoning also change behavour when you change the dpi.

5500 and serie 3 has the same printwith but the S3 can print 464 cm compared to 450 cm for 5500, they take the same sheetsize.

17. jhoann_fink

jhoann_fink New Member

HP indigo 5500

Can I ask if how much the maintenance fee for Hp indigo 550 printer?

18. michukim

michukim New Member

I pay about USD 2280 for shared maintenance and 0.02 per click for the first 400k : my volume is about 500K to 800K per month