HP Color LaserJet CP3525dn issue printing full color labels

Discussion in '8 ½ x 11 Color Laser Printers' started by Amp267, Jan 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Amp267

Amp267 New Member

Hello Everybody,

New to these forums and firt post here.

Can anybody help me with a possible setting to print color labels on my printer. The printer prints great on regular paper but when I go to print labels (2 sheets per 8.5 x 11) it smears the print badly. Anyone know if its a setting or maybe the wrong paper. I normally use the labels to print black and white on my old HP printer with no problem so I know it is laser printer paper. Just seems like it might be to thick and thats why it smears. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Before printing, check media settings, It can not say "Plain Paper" , has to be "labels"
    Your old HP B/W printer probably had a larger heating roller that would not cool off from 2 pages so you did not have to change the setting and toner would fuse.
    I would advice to install PS Driver if available - it usually gives you a better controls if yo have to print more complex jobs then just simple 1 sided plain paper sheets.

3. Amp267

Amp267 New Member

Thank you for the response. Do you know where the best place to find a PS Driver would be?

4. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

5. Amp267

Amp267 New Member

I will give it a try. I have tried multiple label setting but do have a few more to try as far as thickness goes. The labels I use dont really have a gloss. Should I be concerned with gloss or matte to much?

6. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

No, not really. Labels should be marked "suitable for laser printer" can't be "inkjet labels". As far as matt/gloss - I dont think you need to worry about it. As a last resort, you can set the printer to "cardstock" and see if it will fuse properly.

7. Amp267

Amp267 New Member

Thank you so much for all your help. I will run some tests tomorrow and hope something works out.