how to use dosimeter on alcolor unit

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Paven, Oct 6, 2010.

1. Paven

Paven Member

Hi . I Have a single colour gto 52 alcolor. I need to know how to use the dosimeter on the refrigiration system. I normally mix my solution in a 25 litre container. I mix 20 litres of water with 750ml of stabilat only in the container.I fill up my IPA in the dosimeter which doses at 12%. Is this the correct way of doing it or should i rather mix water, stabilat and IPA(12%) into a 25litre container and then pour mixture into tank and then let IPA dose from there. Any help would be appreciated as i have learnt this by trial and error. I really need to learn the right way. Thank you for the help. (Any idea where i could get english manuals to set the ALCOLOR Water rollers). Thanks a million

2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

I've attached some files for you, I hope it will help u....

Attached Files:

3. luke

luke Senior Member

Also take note that the fountain solutions specific gravity effects the actual alcohol readings. Many printers don't realise this and in turn are dosing at a much higher rate then they think.
    Depending on the specific gravity and your dosage rate of fount, setting your alcohol doser to 10% could see you dosing an actual rate of 16% - 20%

Refer to page 10 for a conversion graph Sunchemical technical PDF
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...fCR-VQ&usg=AFQjCNF5KJ1BcVRQKDgeVFuczBhirDsHMA

Those that have their alcohol doser set to 2% - 3% and think they are running low alc levels.. Think again.

4. Paven

Paven Member

attached is how to set alcolor rollers

Hi i have attached files on how to set alcolor rollers. Hope this helps you. I how ever would like more info on how to mix the solution. I use varn fountain solution and conitinental IPA. I have no testers. Anyone know where i could get them from? Thanks guys

Attached Files:

5. steveo

steveo Senior Member

we dont even use alcohol here....you learn to print without it , but there isnt any substitute thats for sure........

" I have no testers. Anyone know where i could get them from?"
    try Prisco or Pamarco , 2 distributors of graphic arts supplies........

http://www.pamarcoglobal.com/

http://www.prisco.com/

6. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

theres no doubt that laying ink on paper is easier to do with alcohol in the fountain solution. But 12% seems like way too much to me. If you need 12% alcohol to print cleanly id say there is something else wrong. Either wrong durometer rollers, mechanical issues, or personel issues. If you must use 12% alcohol in your batch mixes id recomend mixing your batch with 10 or 11% alcohol added to the mix then allow the doser to add the last 1 to 2%. By doing it like this you will be assured of a consistent percentage without having to constantly refill your alcohol supply cans under the tank. or over the tank, or wherever your system keeps them.