how many copies do i make with Canon clc3220 before I refill the tonner?

Discussion in 'Canon Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by Kwame, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Kwame

Kwame Member

how many copies do i make with Canon clc3220 before I refill the tonner? and How many do need to make with the clc 1160 before I refill?

2. archipelago

archipelago Senior Member

It all depends on what you are printing. A single light gray word surrounded by white space will yield a lot of copies per toner cartridge. A photograph with a dark background will yield many fewer. A solid will yield not so many :)

Remember that OEMs typically rate toner yield for 5% coverage on 8.5" x 11" letter-size paper (at least over here, I suppose it's A4 in the rest of the world) I've seen very few people printing at only 5% coverage except for text-only documents in the real world.

Take your typical average output and run a pdf of it through software like APFill (search APFill - Ink Coverage Calculator) and it will tell you the percent of each color CMY and K that print takes to print. Do a few typical jobs to get an average and then you can get an idea of how much toner cost you'll have.

3. scarface

scarface Member

i have just done a 1500 run duplex 30% coverage today on this canon on original toners and are still full. toner will last long time if using original. canon say 25000 40% coverage. but i would say 16-18 thousand on 40% coverage.

4. archipelago

archipelago Senior Member

Canon rates each toner cartridge for 25,000 prints at 5% coverage on letter size page.

5. SeanStacy

SeanStacy New Member