Homespun cures...

Discussion in 'Komori Printing Presses' started by RichardK, Jun 29, 2009.

Tags:
  1. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

I saw this on another thread and though it would make a good start to a new thread .

Any miracle cures for press flaws, perhaps accompanied with a pic, would be quite interesting.

One issue we had ... our Lithrone was scratching recently printed ink film on the reverse of the sheet when we were printing the front. We found that this was caused by the sidelay 'concertina' sheet support on the feedboard.

Cure...we 'dressed' the surface with some gloss art held in place with tape.
    OK so it's not elegant, but it works and best of all it's free!

Attached Files:

2. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

Cripes...75 views and no responses!!!

Could it be that Komori's don't have issues that lend themselves to inventive workarounds? :D

3. ColinG

ColinG Member

Hi everyone. This is my first post on here.

We have a Komori L640 and have done exactly the same thing quoted above. We tried different feeder pumps to begin with but nothing seemed powerful enough to get good air pressure to the feeder head while the side blowers were turned on. Must be a common weakness with Komoris.

4. metalfabsection

metalfabsection Senior Member

could your feeder press's air compressor was the problem?we don't use air compressor that came with the machine..we switched with this kind PUMA brand

5. klecman

klecman Senior Member

For quite some time Komori has sized the compressor to provide just enough air volume to supply the press needs with very little to spare. I have always recommended using house air when available. The supplied compressor would not provide even the minimal air requirements of a powder sprayer. Usually, the air for the side blowers was taken from the feeder pump output but that is a high volume relatively low pressure pump and a careful balance of the output regulator was often necessary. Also, the return (suction) hoses can collapse or get pinched thus restricting the output volume. I would recommend a seperate compressor or house air if adding side blowers to the press.

6. simon700

simon700 Member

How about using an old super blue net or a bit of cheese-cloth dragging along the sheets on the feeder to clean off the spray powder that is showing up on your screens on the back-up? You have to put it as close to the in feed as is feasible and secure it well. If the first sheet down the feedboard gets caught up in it, you can try taping it over a piece of card stock. Is that homespun enough?