holographic stickers and labels

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by mehran, Apr 19, 2020.

1. mehran

mehran Member

hi everyone
    im new in this forum and i dont know ask my question under which section so i ask it here.
    i research on holographic stickers and i know nowadays most of peoples dont produce them with laser technology but make them by printing methods and materials so I deeply appreciate any help that give me any information about this labels is made by which materials(same as ink etc) and which printing methods(same as offset silk etc).

2. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

I’m sure there are multiple means of producing holographic prints, but the only one I’m remotely familiar with is via flexographic press. It involves a layering of light sensitive UV coatings. That’s about all I really know.

3. mehran

mehran Member

hi thank you very much for replying.
    In this way that you mentioned does an holographic overlay is pasted on a pre-made label like this :
    https://i.ytimg.com/vi/pfJe3CLpRJA/maxresdefault.jpg

or really a holographic sticker is made like this:
    http://axiomdesigns.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/img12.jpg

and what is about clear/transparent holographic labels like this:
    https://ae01.alicdn.com/kf/HTB1l0aF...rity-one-time-use-laser-Holographic-clear.jpg

4. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

In the flexo method the holographic image is printed directly to the surface of the substrate. Very much like the last two pictures you posted. Nothing is adhered to another element.

I hope you were in fact asking a question, there’s a slight language barrier between us. I took your post as a question to gather additional details.

trade secrets amongst the print industry are extremely common, and getting detailed production instructions will prove difficult

5. mehran

mehran Member

i really want to know and i really don't mean anything else.
    Anyway I apologize you.
    thanks again .

6. rolermanto

rolermanto Senior Member

I remember an old post of equipment for sale, try to search it...
    I know is still available and you can start with cheap investment

7. mehran

mehran Member

hi what type of equipment do you mean?

8. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

‘Print industry cheap’ is still rather expensive. The poster would have to have a definitive clientele and marketing plan to make holographic printing profitable. If, they’re even in the industry at all. We tend to get a lot of “at home printers” in the forum.

Ive been in the industry for 14 some years and not once witnessed holographic printing being done. Nor saw a huge demand for the process. Maybe the OP should share his objective in the knowledge he seeks. More often than not, it’s best to make a trade partner who can wholesale these items to you, rather than produce them yourself.

9. mehran

mehran Member

But with a simple search on internet i saw a lot of Chinese printing companies which do holographic label printing. if they can do this job what is the reason that we cant?

10. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

There are plenty of American printers who offer it as well. As I’m sure many other countries do. I’m just saying learning the process as well as obtaining the necessary equipment would be quite the endeavor.

are you a print shop owner? Or looking to achieve this at home?

11. mehran

mehran Member

no i want to do it at home but I am eager to achieve this goal and i know There is always an easy way to achieve any goal :).

12. Biggs

Biggs Senior Member

Your optimism is inspiring. Perhaps maybe there is a way. If you do find something or create a way, I’d love to hear about it. I wish you the best!

13. mehran

mehran Member

thank you. for sure.