HELP ! Xerox ApeosPort C6550i - duplex print issues !!!

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by aquaihoi, Aug 12, 2012.

1. aquaihoi

aquaihoi Member

Hi Gang,

haven't been here for a while, lots has happened, I got myself a new Xerox ApeosPort C6550i printer with a high capacity feeder and booklet finisher, did a big job on it and am very very impressed by the speed and quality of the prints - as expected from a xerox machine. I will be converting it from a its current form to a DocuColor 5065 with a main board swap as I need a Fiery rip, so that has been organized and I'm waiting a about a month to get the board and bustled rip, in the mean time I am running some small jobs - it prints beautifully - except it has issues when duplexing from any of the trays and the bypass tray, I can get into the service mode but am kind lost as to how to reset print margins back to norm - so it prints duplex properly - so - currently it prints side 1 centered, but side two has like a 10mm extra margin on the left hand side.

I have been getting around this by manually shifting the artwork and resending the job to secure print ( this is the bit where a fiery rip would really come in handy ! ) and running the job from the control panel from the printer, then see the registration , then adjust artwork again, rinse and cycle until I get it spot on - with out a rip I'm making a lot of trips backwards and forwards to the printer and computer - but once the job is in registration the machine just goes to work and boy does it work ! Ran it for a whole two days and had like two paper jams - impressive !

Ok, back to the registration thing, I can see the adjustments through the service mode console - but I do not know WHAT to adjust, through a Fiery, you can print out a alignment sheet and adjust page shift and skew - but without a rip its punching in numbers - now if someone could be kind enough to tell me which numbers to adjust to align duplex printing it would be awesome !

Just need to do a couple more jobs on it before I have the funds to convert it to a DC with a fiery rip with full controls of image shift etc.

Thanks in advance !

A.

:confused: