Help with Brother HL-3070CW

Discussion in 'Other Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by tinpanalley, Sep 16, 2015.

1. tinpanalley

tinpanalley New Member

I've just replaced the toner and drums on my printer and still the problem persists...
    There is a yellow "dusting", is the only way I can put it, on anything I print in colour. It's like a patina of yellow that is faded into the back of the image like someone wiped the page with a clear yellow liquid on a very wide brush. It's not solid, it fades out towards the outside of the page. But in black and white it's not there at all. Also, no matter what I do, I can't ge the other colours to match the screen when I print through photoshop or any other software and yet when I do a print demo from the printer, the colours are perfect.

I've been trying to deal with this for almost a year and replacing the toners and drums just now didn't do the trick. I'm desperate for help and regular computer tech forums aren't helping. Brother themselves even less so.

Thanks for any suggestions!

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

I would have expected the yellow backgrounding to be from the yellow drum but you've already replaced that. Was the drum an OEM drum or an aftermarket brand?

When you do the print demo from the printer itself, does it still have the same yellow background issue?