Help! - looking for UK independent service engineer for Ryobi GX525

Discussion in 'Ryobi Printing Presses' started by Mark, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Mark

Mark Member

Hi
    I run a Ryobi GX525 with in-line coating and I am based in Bristol, UK. I am looking for an independent service engineer who could service and repair my press.

I'm thinking the more local the better, however anyone based within the M4 corridor area could probably give me the service I need.

Please let me know if you know of anyone, thanks.

2. arraflinga

arraflinga New Member

Bob Cawte is based in Herts. but he does our Ryobi's and he's very good, we're in Wiltshire

3. Mark

Mark Member

Thanks for that, have you got his contact details?

4. arraflinga

arraflinga New Member

Sure have, it's 07973 197738. Lot cheaper than Apex too!

5. Mark

Mark Member

Nice one thank you, I'm just finishing for a fortnights holiday so I'll get onto it when I get back.

I've currently got a service contract with Apex, they recently charged me over £600 for two bearings, and I've got 50% discount on parts!!!

I pay a small fortune for the contract and I don't seem to be getting value for money, what's your experience like?

6. arraflinga

arraflinga New Member

We only use Apex for plate material and deletion pens and stuff like that, they are too expensive really. Bob is really good with Ryobi's can't recommend him highly enough really. Only problem is he's in demand and unless it's and urgent problem he takes a few days to a week to come out!