HELP! how to print and produce coasters

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by eburb, Jan 19, 2012.

1. eburb

eburb New Member

Hi, I have some great artwork I would like to produce as souvinier coasters. I would like the flexibility of printing/producing my own product rather than send away to a commercial printer. I am prepared to invest in the equiptment to print/produce coasters but do not know which printing process to use.
    I am intending selling to the public and so will need a professional coaster that will resist water stains and look attractive. I was thinking along the lines of MDF, cork backed coaster with gloss or matt full colour design. (open to other ideas)
    I have looked at sublimation printing but think that the cost of the blank coasters may well result in the finished coaster being too expensive to sell in the markets I will be aiming at.
    What other processes would work? Can I print direct onto a blank coaster? Will inks be water tight or would I need some kind of topcoat? Any help would be great - sorry for my ignorance and I hope somebody can point me in the right direction :confused:

2. sales@yurex.com

sales@yurex.com New Member

Coaster printing

Hello,
    Yurex (www.yurex.com) is a specialty printing solutions company.
    Yurex printers may be suitable for the purpose of printing coasters.
    Jerry