help for setting up new printing press

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by aneesh rana, Dec 12, 2008.

1. aneesh rana

aneesh rana Member

hello everyone

I want to setup a printing press in new Delhi India
    i need some advice and help from all the members

thank in advance

Aneesh Rana

2. birdz

birdz Member

make sure its level

3. aneesh rana

aneesh rana Member

i want a 4 color offset can anyone help

4. xpquickprint

xpquickprint Senior Member

I have no idea what you are asking -- what presses do you currently have and what are your needs and budget?

5. aneesh rana

aneesh rana Member

i do not have any right now i want to start new work my budget is 2,00,000$ for whole setup

looking forward for advice & help

thanks

6. 6colorpressman

6colorpressman Member

I would look into Mitsubishi Presses....they are the best printing machine in my experience...and I have run many different presses in my career.... hope this helps

7. santer

santer New Member

Dear Aneesh,
    I hope u been looking forward to a commercial digital press of High grade and Quality. In this case as a dealer of digital press in India i would Suggest you to go for MGI Meteor DP 60 Pro. The most versatile but yet the most effective printer in the industry today. Its the only Industrial full fledge machine capable to printing on both paper and plastic.
    I hope the above information comes to some use to you, for any further details you can contact me at

Sandeep Poojari
    aura papers pvt. ltd.
    E : sandeep@aurapapers.com
    T : +91 9892 985 985

8. aneesh rana

aneesh rana Member

9. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

What sort of maximum paper size are you looking at running as that will determine what sort of press people will recommend.
    At the end of the day if you are looking at say A3 a 4 colour Heidelberg GTO could be obtained reasonably cheaply, or an Heidelberg SM52, with the SM52 being more expensive but a better machine with a lot more automation.

Regards.

10. aneesh rana

aneesh rana Member

I am looking for 28" * 40"

11. klecman

klecman Senior Member

There have been some Komori Lithrone 40 inch presses on eBay. Komori is generally recognized as having the best print quality. Heidleburgs are very good too but tend to cost more. Mitsubishi has the lowest cost. You can find many used press dealers on the internet, such as Taylor Graphic Services, but you might save some money if you buy directly from an owner.

12. Penguin1100

Penguin1100 Member

i would say heidie or mitsi .... both work horses with good print quality

13. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I have to add Komori to the list. Heidleburg is like Mercedes, Komori is like Lexus, and Mitsubishi is, well like Mitsubishi. Heidleburgs are the most impressive looking and have "personality" and status. Komori generally prints a better dot and is arguably more productive. Mitsubishi costs less but is a good machine. Choice depends on your circumstances. All will give you good results.

Many people believe that Heidleburgs are more sturdy but the compaisons I've seen show that Komoris are heavier. If you start with a new or well cared for machine and do the perscribed maitennance, it will serve you well. Komoris and Heidleburgs seem to last longer but usually cost more than Mitsus. That shouldn't be surprising. I've seen new Heidleburgs with nothing but trouble and I've seen the same with Komori but not as often. That's just my observation. I'm not a pressman but doing service, I've worked on literally hundreds of presses. They all have problems.

14. amitkap

amitkap Member

28x40 size is ok next you need to define your market segment .As it may be most probably board I suggest you can have a look at KOMORI , HEIDELBERG , MITSUBISHI. Your budget is good and you will get a decent machine . Then the peripherals like prepress and post press you need to purchase.

15. RichardK

RichardK Senior Member

I'm with Klecman. We've had 4 Komori's (all second user) and from a pressman's point of view they're easy to get on with. From a reliability perspective they're pretty much bombproof if looked after.

A word of caution...don't buy anything sight unseen. Pay a good, independent engineer to check all mechanical and electronic components. If possible see the press in situ, then check out the general standard to which the pressroom is maintained. Take your most experienced printer along too.

Poor conditions or filthy environment will indicate the level of care and maintenance shown to the press.

You'd be well advised to make them do a test print job too.

Good hunting.

16. amitkap

amitkap Member

A very invaluable tip .I suggest you take RichardK along if he is available . I have told all that I need to buy a running machine in press conditions where actual print run is possible.

17. klecman

klecman Senior Member

I especially agree with Richard's statement about the cleanliness of a shop. I looked forward to going to the clean shops because it said that the owners and operators are professional and they take care of their equipment and people.

One job I did last year for Komori was at a writing pad manufacturer. They had bought a Sprint Perfector (of all things) off eBay without having seen the press. The price was low, but they spent more than their savings in getting the machine up and running. Fortunately, it printed well but many of the perfecting parts showed damage and needed replacement.

Compare "price" with "cost". A low initial price can often mean large costs for repair and the un measurable losses in delays from getting the press in running condition followed by downtime awaiting later repairs.

You wouldn't buy a car without seeing and driving it so why would a person invest in a major piece of equipment without a test run? The same shop owners who wouldn't dream of not having a regular oil change on their Mercedes will ignore routine maintenance requirements on the machine that bought them that Mercedes.

Treat your machines and your people with respect and it will pay you back many fold.

Also, in placing a new press. Be aware that technicians will have to gain access. Allow for this and it will directly reduce your repair bills. I have spent hours of frustrating heavy work moving water tanks and coating drums in order to even get under the catwalks. This is tiring and frustrating to the technicians who are often exhausted and in a bad mood before even getting to the problem area. Their frustration will show up on your repair bills.

One wise action is to offer the technician coffee as soon as he shows up. He may have awakened at 4 AM and driven a hundred miles to be at your shop early. He has a lot of control over the repair bill so showing him some recognition will usually save you many times the cost of coffee or lunch.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  18. jetscreamer

jetscreamer Senior Member

i have a 1998 komori 4 col 28 inch with 70 millions impressions, for sale. the press is located in brisbane australia and is in great condition.

19. amitkap

amitkap Member

send quote

we are interested in buying komori lithrone , kindly send quote to kapcoprinters@yahoo.com

20. jetscreamer

jetscreamer Senior Member

hi i have given your email address to the company who is selling it (sales@kingtechaustralia.com). I am the printer who was running the machine for the last 6 years, if you have any questions regarding the quality of print or maintenance please feel free to contact me at stevenw69@gmail.com. I would like to travel and train your staff or run it for you.