Help for Giclee needed

Discussion in 'Small Format Inkjet Printers' started by grandsire02, Jun 8, 2009.

Tags:
  1. grandsire02

grandsire02 New Member

I am thinking of going into 'giclee' printing on a semi-commercial basis as I know a number of water colour artists who would be interested in having their work reproduced. At this stage I know very little about the technicalities of this process, so I need some basic information and guidance. Issues that seem to be relevant at this stage: 1) Printer. I have a limited budget so would be restricted to one of the smaller printers - I have been looking at the Epson R2880 as a possibility. Is this a good choice? 2) Scanning. Outsource initially as the high quality A3 scanners appear to be more expensive than the printer? 3) Basic techniques etc. - are there any good tutorials/other information sources that can get me on the road? These are the matters that I feel I need to get sorted out at the moment, so if anyone can help with these (or tell me what other issues I should be tackling), I will be extremely grateful.

2. jtdoonz

jtdoonz Member