Help figuring which printer I need for my application

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by Phil Antonson, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Phil Antonson

Phil Antonson New Member

I'm very new to the commercial printing space and am finding it extremely difficult to find and weigh out the different qualities of the various types of printers. I'd like to explain what I am trying to do and with that information try and narrow down some specific models/types of printers which may work for me.

I'm looking to do very low production run quantities, something along the lines of 1-50.
    The print size is uniquely long and rectangular, approx 9 x 36" to 18 x 48".
    The type of paper would be a medium cardstock
    The prints would contain photos/text on an array of background colors
    The final product will be folded into an accordion style brochure similar to this:
    [​IMG]

From what I've looked into, I've seen some large format printers that sound like they would work great. The Roland VersaUV LEC2-300 appears to be a good match as it has built in creasing/cutting/UV which would greatly simplify the post print production. The downside to this particular model is that it is moderately on the high-side for cost as this is a very small/startup operation. I'm not opposed to buying used.

Is there anything that I'm overlooking which may be a better fit for my needs? I have thought about partnering with a local print shop however due to the very low production run of these prints I feel like the margins would be far too stressed.

Thank you all for reading and I appreciate any/all suggestions!

2. Phil Antonson

Phil Antonson New Member

Bump. Any ideas on how I can create such a print?

Thanks!