Help Docucolor 242 Is Printing Out Blank Pages

Discussion in 'Xerox Color Laser Printers & Color Copiers' started by hudsonliberty, May 19, 2011.

1. hudsonliberty

hudsonliberty New Member

Our Docucopier 242 prints out find from the glass and adf, but it prints out blank pages when sent from the fiery workstation 4 and other computer programs. What are some solutions?

2. xfactor printing

xfactor printing Senior Member

Are you able to print the feiry config page by going to services, web service, and the feiry functions on the machine itself?

3. hudsonliberty

hudsonliberty New Member

The solution was the proper drivers

Thanks for the reply xfactor. The proper drivers needed to be installed for the printer to printer out the pages. While the fiery was sending information and receiving information the drivers weren't correct. Once the proper drivers were installed the system worked fine.

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  4. xfactor printing

Glad you got it sorted and thanks for posting the followup - it's helpful when someone searches an issue later on if people post how they've resolved something.

5. mandragory

mandragory Member

Hello! I have the same problem. My DC 252 prints out blank pages when sent from the fiery workstation 4 and other computer programs. I have reinstalled the software, but it did not help. What drivers are you set? There is a nuance? Help, please.

6. k_graham

k_graham Senior Member

If it doesn't turn out to be the drivers - consider having Xerox remove battery from Fiery, wait 5 minutes and reinstall, don't forget to reset date. On our externalFiery we were experiencing constant reboots of system, a reload of a known good ghost image did not help, we thought for a while we had a virus but nothing could detect it. Finally when Xerox attempted to reload system they pulled the battery, as even the system would not reload - something had corrupted something in the CMOS memory. - as a point of reference it seems Fiery locks in the hardware settings of things like hard disks when the battery is installed on the motherboard.

Ken

7. mandragory

mandragory Member

Thank you very much for the answer and for your help! I will try to change the battery on motherboard tomorrow.

8. k_graham

k_graham Senior Member

Perhaps first you should tell us if internal or external RIP and which computer - XP, Win7-32 bit , 64 bit or Mac.

You could also tell us which driver is in use, on Windows go to Printers menu and select printer, then right click and click on printer properties, then advanced - you will see the Driver. As an example my unit is an External Fiery the EXP250 but as Fiery didn't really supply good 64 bit Windows 7 drivers for it I use the

Fiery EX260 Color Server PS driver

which provides a fairly good graphical display - and works for 64 bit on the Doc240.

I also have recently downloaded Xerox's from the Xerox site but its the

Serox 24X/25X/260 PS which I haven't tried
    but looks like the Universal one that for instance would not let me use FreeForm when I tried it on may backup XP12 RIP (Doc12)

On my 32 bit machine running Win7 -32 bit, I use the
    Fiery EXP250 PS1.1

but yours for a 242 would likely be a 252 and not sure of the revision.

If you have a printer installed more than once you can use the Driver Window to change between drivers and of course the Printer Properties General Windows to change printer names to a more discriptive name, perhaps keeping a Printer set defaulting to Black only and one to Color for Instance.

Anyway if you mention what operating system and what RIP you are using perhaps someone can suggest or send a better driver.
    _______

Last thought is if it were 1 blank page each time there is a function on the Fiery to optionally include a separator sheet between jobs, which I keep turned off.

If its not the driver and you do try removing and replacing the battery and that doesn't work - someone recently mentioned on another list that Xerox moved the color board in their external unit between slots to fix a issue - probably the simple matter of re-inserting cleaned some oxide.

Ken

9. mandragory

mandragory Member

Thanks a lot again. I have internal Fiery RIP X3eTY, Computer with Windows XP 32. I'll try to make the suggested surgery tomorrow at work and I will write to you.

10. k_graham

k_graham Senior Member

Before surgery perhaps you can tell us the printer driver you are using and see if anyone has a better suggestion?

Also are the blank sheets occuring on a specific program or file

Ken

11. xfactor printing

Yea, what exactly is yours doing mandragory?

When you send a print job, do you get many blank pages out? One blank page?

Do you get the normal job and then an extra blank page or pages in addition?

When you say you've reinstalled the software, is this command workstation or the windows print driver or both? If you reinstalled the print driver, did you download the latest driver from the xerox site? Go to xerox, then select your printer, then select your exact RIP, and then you will get a page of drivers for the printer *with your specific RIP*.

Also when you reinstall the print driver, if it prompts you to use some other that is already installed or windows generic, select to use the new one you downloaded.

Also on the printer, print the fiery config page and see what updates it has installed. Sometimes updates cause new problems.
    Did it work before, or has it never printed ok for you / is this a new printer to you?

12. mandragory

mandragory Member

only blank pages out.
    reinstall rip software and print driver.
    before printed ok.

13. xfactor printing

Will it print out a fiery config page ok?

Will it print out a color cal page from command workstation ok?

14. mandragory

mandragory Member

no. only blank pages out.

15. mandragory

mandragory Member

we have all to no avail.

16. mandragory

mandragory Member

Other machine also prints a blank page with my RIP. It seems that just RIP defective.

17. asotovx

asotovx New Member

would you please help me out on how to reload the x3ety for my DC242, already have the 3 discs containing the system software but dont know how to reload. been doing reload on Fierys Ex12, Xp12 and x12.
    Thank you in advance.
    asotovx

18. mandragory

mandragory Member

You need to connect your X3ety to the network directly to your computer, insert the first disk and follow the instructions. You will see a list of operations that need to be done. Importantly, do not interrupt the power supply and electricity.

19. novel arts

novel arts New Member

HI IM HAVING TROUBLE PRINTING TO DOCUCOLOR 250 - COPIES OK -- BUT WHEN SENT THROUGH FIERY -EXTERNAL EXP250 - just prints blanks..re-installed software - using xp - please help v 1.01

20. k_graham

k_graham Senior Member

On the printer, print the fiery config page - as these are in the Fiery, if they print you know the RIP is sending to the Printer, in which case its possible the issue is the print driver or sending computer.

I have 2, EXP 250's at 2 locations, both are capable of using a monitor and keyboard. if you attach a monitor and keyboard and mouse and they work, you can download a Free Cloning program from www.redobackup.org and keep a clone of your systems which puts it back exactly as you had it previously working, in about 20 minutes vs spending a day reinstalling and tweaking. Call me, Ken at www.communityprinters.com between 9:00am and 5:00 pm Mountain Standard time, if you need help with this solution.

Ken