HELP!!??!!, Canon ipf9000 60" trailing cable / flexible cable assembly NEEDED ASAP..

Discussion in 'Large Format Inkjet Printers' started by madmandare, Jan 31, 2013.

1. madmandare

madmandare Member

Hello there,

I have yet another case of horrific failure by Canon. The flexible cable assembly has gone on one of my Canon IPF9000 60" printers (QM3-1053-000).

The cable broke on the 1st of December 2012. I got an initial replacement for the cable on the 10th Decemeber, (the initial replacement took 10 days).

But this is where it gets worse. I installed the cable carefully and perfectly (as i have done 3 x before), I'm not a Canon engineer, but I am an Engineer and i am very used to stripping down entire printers and rebuilding them again, and i followed all the correct steps as should be done when replacing a flex cable.

As soon as i turned on the machine, the cable immediately caught fire and started smoking. Obviously i turned the machine off.

ONLY the cable had caught fire, and the main board was fine. To test the machine, i replaced the old but damaged flex cable (which has errors) and turned on the machine, the machine turned on fine, but simpy presented the same errors as before.

I have consulted 2 x Ex Canon engineers and they both say faulty cable, and after lots of arguing we have managed to get Canon to accept faulty cable and they have agreed to send out a free replacement.

HOWEVER, they agreed to send out a free replacement on the 10th of December, it has now been several weeks and Canon are saying that they have NO spare 60" 9000 cables in the whole of the UK or Europe AND they don't even know about cables at their manufacturing facility in Japan.

Does anyone know where i can get a (QM3-1053-000) 60" flex cable?, i don't even care if it's second hand but in good condition and pulled from another machine.

Also, is it possible to install a 9100 flex cable to a 9000?

This is not the first time that a Canon spare parts has taken weeks to come, and the whole situation is beyond ridiculous. Canon have let me down with so many things and on so many occasions, that I am definately considering changing all of my machines to HP.

If anyone could help, then i would be grealty appreciative,

Regards

Marcus