hello starting home business

Discussion in 'Print Community General Printing Discussion' started by rawdg, Jan 29, 2010.

1. rawdg

rawdg Member

Just wanted to say hello and I'm glad i found this site. I posted a wanted ad under sale/wanted. This looks like a great site. Wife & I are starting our own home print shop. I found great deal on a Chief and am looking for a cutter and platemaker now. I've been printing for about 20 years, so this is an exciting step for us. Please let me know if you have any advise on finding used platemakers and cutters.
    Thanks,
    rawdg

2. VanQuill-Printing

VanQuill-Printing Member

Ebay is the place to go these days for that kind of stuff.

3. rawdg

rawdg Member

Thank you for the advice. I have been looking. I wish some of the ones for sale were closer to us. Most have pick up only, in Indiana or New York. We're on the other side of the country. Although a road trip could be cheaper than shipping and for the prices listed, not a bad idea. Thanks again.
    RawDg

4. jameswaugh8

jameswaugh8 Member

Best of luck for your print shop.

5. niklaus

niklaus Member

Goodluck to your business and I hope that it will be successful best regards! =)

6. Ben Printing

Ben Printing Member

I would have to agree on Ebay for the necessary tools, just be careful though as these machines can be quite fickle if they are old and they can also be expensive to fix. Even the slightest glitch in hardware can ruin an entire project.

That said, there are also a variety of online distributors who resell print supplies. Explore your options and also see what other users are saying about the products and sites in question.

Depending on your workload, you will need to purchase a certain type of product, and it is likely that you will be able to find a used unit for a drastically lower price than buying retail.

Good luck!