Heidleberg gto bare back problems

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by capt chaos, Jul 22, 2010.

1. capt chaos

capt chaos Member

Hi
    Can any body please advise me!!
    I have a re acuuring problem with damp streaking on a gto 52 bare back damping system.
    I have changed all the rollers(bottcher) tried 2 different molleton cover 3 m and other tried 4 different fount solutions hard and soft water at various dilutions, tried 2 different rubber compound bare back dampers and still the peroblem persists had a heidleberg engineer come out apart from altering the timing of the pan roller he said the setting of rollers were correct .I have tried many different solutions but not with any sucess.
    Any Ideas would be greatly welcome
    Thanks Capt chaos

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

What is the condition of the matte chrome roller like, is the water chilled and how much IPA do you use in the fount mix ?

3. capt chaos

capt chaos Member

bare back problem

Mr Heidleberg
    Thanks for gettin back.
    The matt chrome looks fine. gravity fed water feed so not chilled may be i could put ice in???.i was running 3% fount seemed the streaking was worse,the heidleberg engineer suggested 3% fount 10% ipa seems a touch better but still i can see the streaks.very frustrating as ive tried many things to try and alleviate
    Mechanically rollers setting etc ok thinking it must be chemistry????
    Any help would be great
    Thanks Mr Heidleberg

4. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

cpt chaos, what is the condition of the dampening form roller hangers? If the three point holding of the roller bearing is sloppy, you will experience just this problem. The lower pin is eccentric, locked in place by a set screw. If you can "bounce" the roller around within the pins, adjustment is needed. Good Luck MQGPRESS

5. mqgpress

mqgpress Senior Member

cpt- on that note, be sure the ductor levers are not loose on the shaft, and the three point holding at the bearing is not badly worn (as with the form rollers)

6. capt chaos

capt chaos Member

Thanks

Thankyou,for that bit of advice ,i have just checked the bounce/movement of the
    damper in the lock,there is no movement at all.Thankyou for that piece of info for future reference.
    Regards Capt chaos

7. Data

Data Senior Member

What ink are you using?

I presume you've tried the 3m 'RED' covers?
    Try Prisco 2451 fount at 2.5% you could add 10% IPA but try without. Watch the supplier, ive found its not all the same.

8. capt chaos

capt chaos Member

Hi
    yes i have 3m covers and tried other type,i have encountered problems with some ink manufacturers and now will only use hostman steinnberg inks
    Thanks i will give the prisco a go,i have tried vegra hard and soft and heidlebergs own range!!!!.
    Thanks for the tip

capt chaos

9. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Don't think its fount related especially as you have tried quite a few different types, if it was a fount issue you would imagine one of the founts would have been ok.

10. printuniverse

printuniverse Member

a few weeks ago, I had a similar problem before with my bareback gto 46. Did you try to check the springs pushing against the steel roller? Mine was stuck with rust deposits. So i sprayed some lubricating oil.

11. Olle

Olle Member

Try to change ink, host.-steinberg has had lately problems like that everywhere.

12. poligrafika

poligrafika New Member

Have you tried with 3M Roger sleeves.They are the best solution if you change from molleton to bareback.You don't have to use red sleeves.Try Roger sleeves and you will see the difference.

13. Data

Data Senior Member

I ment IPA

Not being rude but...
    So many printers on this site require engineers for basic machine settings....Why?