Heidelberg Windmill Legal requirements EU / SPAIN

Discussion in 'Letterpress' started by vanceibz, May 23, 2015.

1. vanceibz

vanceibz Senior Member

Hi, I have a heidelberg windmill that I purchased a few months ago, I have been told that its not legal to work with acording to industry laws in Spain.

Does anybody have information on this , and how can I make it legal to work with.

Thanks

2. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Did first steps in my worklife at OHT (Windmill) and did jobs with it all my life - it 's one of the best printing machines ever - all over the world well known, but never heard that it would be illegal to work with. This machine is safe.

Mehanka Abortmaher likes this.
  3. vanceibz

vanceibz Senior Member

4. rossio

rossio Senior Member

Hi,
    IMHO the notes are written for overly cautious beginners.

The more guardings the more problems the operator will have at work, because he must turn around.
    Don 't know what do you want to print, but for jobs like leaflets, biz cards, numbering etc. you 'll be happy if you can get platen without hassle by any guarding. The front guarding is important cause it stops the machine immediately.
    If you put a heavy fitted frame in and out hundred times a day, you don 't need a gym anymore...
    The machine is rock solid but can act like a diva. Sometimes you 'll need much fingertip feeling.

And no , don 't know about papers about security, the model of machine is too old, it 's vintage.

5. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

I learned to print on one of these machines, I can understand in these days of health and safety that there might be some problems with this press, you DO have to be very careful with it, I was bitten once while adjusting the suction while it was running. Can in not be grandfathered in, thereby not having to comply with H&S?

6. Paul Cavanaugh

Paul Cavanaugh Senior Member

In the US back in the early 90's there was a push by OSHA to have the main drive belt covered with a guard. If this was not done the plant could be cited by OSHA.