Heidelberg SM74 DI

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by UWEFIRI, Jun 4, 2020.

1. UWEFIRI

UWEFIRI New Member

Please, am having issues with damping roller gear motor, the motor was faulty and I opened it to check the problem, I discovered the lower bearing under the motor coil was bad and I replaced it, then couple it and fix it back on the machine, ...but now the problem is that the motor will be working after like 3 to 4hours the speed will just increase uncontrollably making the damping roller to be splashing water out from the water pan... please, I need solution, is there anything that can be done on to reduce the speed to the normal speed because iam really confused, I have done all I know how to do, but no results... please any solution will be highly appreciated... thanks

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1) The best easy troubleshooting that you can do it, is exchange a Good motor from other unit putting in the faulty unit.

2) in the way
    a) you will see if the Electronic board is o.k or faulty.

b) or if the motor have the same problem .

c) in the way you know what is the problem.

3) The implication that you exchange the ball bearings : Is not indicative the motor is o.k, Since that motor can be faulty, since the Winding can be ( Re-heating) Not burning , if the motor was burning the motor Does NOT run o.k??

Please do this test. let me know any question

Blessing

3. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

I assume you may damaged one of the Hall Effect Sensors inside the motor, but as Chock explained you have to check LTK500 and HAK related to the defective motor.

Good luck,