Heidelberg QM46-2 VS PM46-2

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by OkiTech, Oct 26, 2012.

1. OkiTech

OkiTech Senior Member

Guys hi, anyone has a extensive knowledge of these presses? If I was to rebuilt the press with Silver covers style 99-2000 using the press 98-99 with Burgundy covers style, what can and can't be used? I mean, I am a OKI authorized tech and when they replaced OKI ES 3640 with CX 3641, I was provided with a list of mechanical and logic components that are interchangeable and those that "don't even think about it"
    Is there such thing for these machines or may-be someone just have good experience? Please elaborate.
    Greatly appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Also if anyone could point me in the direction where I can buy Parts / Service manual download, would be terrific. Thank you.
    Roman.

2. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

The list would be hugh. Meaning what areas are you asking about. Just a couple of the ele boards are the same. Air rams, solinoids, most rollers, cylinders, pumps ect are ok. Big diff in PU-1 damp unit, feed table, damp dist osc. For the most part you should be able to use your parts books for most of the info. If you have any questions give me a call.
    Stan Welton Intermountain Press Service,llc. 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com
    Note I do have numerous new/used parts avail. Check out my web site