Heidelberg QM-46 Printmaster - Water under blanket?

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by ExpertVisual, Jun 11, 2013.

1. ExpertVisual

ExpertVisual Member

Getting moisture under my blanket even though I crank it pretty tight. The packing gets pretty wet and you can see where water has been in there. What's the issue, is there a leak? Is this normal? Preventative steps? Thanks & Peace!

2. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

Are you using full size packing sheets? Try trimming the width slightley smaller than the blanket. How old is your blanket wash roller? You might want to check the stripes on it. When it shrinks it tends to throw too much blkt wash.
    Stan, Intermountain Press Service 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com

3. ExpertVisual

ExpertVisual Member

Yeah the packing underneath the blanket is "Perfect Pak .016" from Heidelberg oversized sheets I cut down to 11.5 x 19.
    I do tend to wash up quite often but mostly because the blanket gets dirty and I'd rather do that than hand-wash it though I end up doing that often too. New set of rollers are in the mail for PU 1 so maybe that will clear up the toning issues I've been dealing with recently so I won't have to clean up as much as I have been doing.

Could it be I fill the wash up device too much? I'll test with less than I normally put in.

How do you check for a blanket wash stripe?

4. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

give me a call and I can help! It's better for me to talk than to type! :)
    720-285-9485

5. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

.016...seems to me that is too much packing?
    .095 - .097 is where you should be
    .077-blanket
    .008-plate
    =.085
    .012- packing Max