Heidelberg Qm 46-2 not eject plate

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by Alessio, Feb 21, 2023.

1. Alessio

Alessio New Member

hi,
    I have a problem with heidelberg qm46; the plate is not ejected and winds around the dampening rollers. Can anyone help me solve the problem? Thank you
    Alessio

2. Sandeep kumar

Sandeep kumar Senior Member

My QM46 showing error as in video attached. Did you face this type of error. It is showing like plate loading and unloading error blinking

3. Adil

Adil Senior Member

Hi sandeep.
    Sorry for my late answer , Check for any obstructions or issues with the plate loading mechanism. Ensure that plates are loaded correctly and that there are no jams or misalignments.
    Examine the sensors responsible for detecting plate loading and unloading. These sensors might be dirty, misaligned, or faulty. Clean them and ensure they are in proper working condition.
    Verify that the plate thickness setting is correct. Incorrect settings can trigger plate-related errors.
    Ensure all electrical connections related to the plate loading mechanism are secure. Loose connections can cause communication errors.
    Try resetting the press and power cycling the machine. This may clear temporary errors.
    Good luck

4. sean crawford

sean crawford Member

There is a spring responsible for applying pressure of the the mounting /ejector wheels to the bearers, check the integrity of the spring and make sure its not broken, if it is, it will be a cheap fix. check the bearers and the wheels for cleanliness and that they spin freely as well. Spring location is gear side , open the plate guard its on the plate changing mechanism IMG_1961(1).jpg

5. Bill Halliday

Bill Halliday Member

I have the same problem . We have 2 QM 46 and they both have the same problem only on the top unit . I checked for the spring on the wheels and one is snapped off the other is good . What makes the wheels move into position , I always have to move it manually into position when mounting the plate. On removal it doesn't find the slot to remove and jams up . No one out here really specializes in QM 46 stuff , guy who did retired .

6. Bill Halliday

Bill Halliday Member

Is that spring on the ejector wheel bar or somewhere else ? Appreciate the reply ... Bill in Canada

7. Bill Halliday

Bill Halliday Member

Does it make a difference with poly or metal plates ? We switched to me etal a while ago. Not sure if it was working before with poly plates