Heidelberg Printmaster QM46-2 Problem

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by brian32, May 21, 2009.

1. brian32

brian32 Member

I am having a problem with out Printmaster QM46-2.
    Sometimes when we put the plates on either head, we are getting like scrape marks going on to the plate, Pretty sure they are coming from the guides that put the plate on. They then go onto ink up and need deleted off sometimes not easily.

Can anyone advise where they are coming from, and what kind of cleaning solution will clean it up. Have tried all sorts on the runners, but nothing seems to help this problem.

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Hi,

Just try wetting the plates first with water before you put them on and let me know what happens.

Regards.

3. tstruth

tstruth Member

Pull them out and clean them with blanket and roller wash. I never clean mine and have not experienced this problem. I would recommend leaving them on during wash up, use special function 02. hit the plus button. this will clean the ink from your plate during wash-up. This way when you remove them there will be no ink getting on the guide wheels.

Good Luck

4. ExpertVisual

ExpertVisual Member

I've had the same problem Brian. It comes from where your plate both inserts & ejects. It's a matter of cleaning the ink off of every possible place your plate goes through. Those wheels that help guide the plate in & out WILL need to be scraped clean. Take a rag with some blanket wash & you may even need a razor to clean off those rollers. Anywhere you can see or even feel ink build-up, you are going to have to get that off. When I took care of that it cleared right up. But you got to do it occasionally otherwise this problem will persist. Get every place clean around the insert even those little prongs that stick out when you lift open your press. Take 20 minutes & Clean it all up good & you'll be good to go. Good luck!

5. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

ExpertVisual hit it on the spot. Clean everything. The dried ink is usually the cause of the scratches. Scrapes are usually only seen on PU-1.
    Stan, Intermountain Press Service 720-285-9485 ipsqm46.com

6. ziggy33

ziggy33 Senior Member

A clean press is a happy press I always say, I have walked into some shops took one look at there press and was like wow made them pay me for 2 hours of cleaning ink off there press, Then it ran great. You should always keep your press looking brand new well as close to that as possible.

7. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

LMAOF...chop down those stalactites

8. Poolfool

Poolfool Member

Plate Scratches

1st Lesson I learned 40+ years ago. Keep things perfectly clean and take very accurate measurements. I only get Scratches on PU2 (all metal) , (plate face down) everything is clean and still sometimes get them. I use the thin sheet of paper that comes between metal plates as a cushion. I place it over the plates except the first 2 inches and hold onto it as plate is feed into press. Eliminates all marks, when I do get one scratch remover takes them right off.