Heidelberg printmaster 46-2 jammed paper

Discussion in '1-Color and 2-Color Offset Presses' started by banjoman, Feb 2, 2012.

1. banjoman

banjoman Member

OK, I hate this machine BUT I'm going to make the most of it. I'm running some letter sized paper through, get about 100 sheets in and the machine makes a loud sudden noise, then it's a loud humming vibrating sound so I hit stop. Then it won't move, apperas to be jammed. After searching for a LONG time I see some paper dust in a pile on the left side of the infeed wheels so I pull the eye and top plate then pull the bottom plate and see an old envelope wrapped up in the feed wheel gear. Took me about an hour to get it all out of the gear and then another hour trying to dig out envelopes through the hole on the side cause I couldn't get to that area to pull out the dropped envelopes. Some of them were envelopes I never even printed, they were from the previous owner of the machine. Point is how can I get to that area right behind the the feeder, or the easiest way.

Banjoman in NC

2. jaed

jaed Member

You have to pull out the power supply inside the side cover, it's very heavy but it's the only way to get into that area of the machine. If you do take it out and clean the envelopes out you should make sure you clean the worm gear and lube it up so that the side guides move smoothly too.

3. swifty

swifty Senior Member

I use a coat hanger and fish them out
    What dont you like about the press? We love ours,runs all day long without missing a beat, clean up is fast and easy,
    maintenance is simple enough, and in 11 years we have not had any breakdowns or downtime other then operator (me )
    error

4. banjoman

banjoman Member

I don't know, why put an auto load on a cut size machine like this, I can see it on a big press but I can load a plate faster on a pinbar like an AB Dick and the blanket and other cylinders are harder to get to. You can't get to the feeder and feed wheels and stuff as easy either, it's tucked up in the press so far it's darn near hidden. Maybe I got a lemon cause this thing has been a big disappointment. It does wrinkle paper good though!

banjoman in NC

5. swifty

swifty Senior Member

Sounds like the in-feed wheels are worn ,dirty, or adjusted wrong
    Start with both dials at 11 o'clock ..Forward the press
    Until the wheels make contact. Now turn the infeed wheel with your finger
    The drag should be the sane on both wheels.

6. STW100

STW100 Senior Member

as noted by jaed, under the non opp side cover on the bottom frame is the transformer. Unplug the press & remove the 2 5mm screws hloding it on. (caution) it is pretty heavy. You should be able to remove most all paper from that opening. As for wrinkeling, usually it is the forwarding wheels. It could also be imp grippers, guiding to the springs instead of to the solid guide side. Check to see if the forwarding wheel has any side to side or rocking when they are off the shaft, if so they need replaced. Are they lifting at the same time and at the right time? If they have ever been take appart or replaced without the proper gauge it will cause problems. They need to be set with a 5 deg outward pull on each one. Lots of things to check Roger. When you have time to check some of this give me a call.
    Stan 720-285-9485 Intermountain Press Service,llc. ipsqm46.com