Heidelberg Printmaster 46-1 - TONING PROBLEM

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by maverick1971, Jul 27, 2013.

1. maverick1971

maverick1971 Senior Member

Hi All!

Need help urgently with a toning problem on our Printmaster 46-1.

We are running some 80gsm bond paper (455 x 320mm sheets) and we are experiencing toning on both corners at the head of the sheet. There seems to be some ink build-up on the blanket at the corners and also on the impression cylinder (transferring from the blanket). Please see attached pictures - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is this an ink setting problem or a water related problem?

The problem occurs at speeds above 6000 sheets per hour.

[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Sometimes the toning comes and goes...........!! Please Help.

Thank you.

Shawn

Attached Files:

2. plotter

plotter Senior Member

tighten blanket, make image 5mm towards the trailing end of plate, its possibly the rollers swell on the ends.

3. maverick1971

maverick1971 Senior Member

Hi,

Thank you for the response to my query.

I adjusted the water form roller - turned adjusting screw clockwise (I think reducing the amount of water to plate!!) and that seems to have sorted the problem out. Is it possible that we were running too much water on the one side causing the ink to break up and build-up on the blanket corner?

I am still unsure what the problem was but the adjustment seems to have fixed the problem! In response to your reply regarding the swell on the rollers (I'm assuming you were referring to the ink form rollers), the rollers are fine (fairly new) - I also thought about that but eliminated that as a possible cause when I checked the rollers!

Thank you very much for your response - please let me know if you have any further thoughts on the matter.

Regards

Shawn

PS: What presses are you running?

4. plotter

plotter Senior Member

at the minute, a 3985 itek, and an ab dick 9810. but i have run heidi 46s and 52 , oliver 66, solna 125 and 225, rotaprints, multiliths, ect . and along long time ago a thompson crown... wow that takes me back

5. Swifty2

Swifty2 Senior Member

Very common with the QM 46!!! you can lower your packing down a little bit like 2mm or so ....but you may have to raise the image on the plates if you loose anything . Also try running with varn aqua30