Heidelberg PM52-2 Perfecting Error

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by Bert Hews, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Bert Hews

Bert Hews Member

I have a PM52-2 and it's on a lock down at the moment. It was doing a changeover from straight to perfect print and it stopped and locked itself. Errors P2E,P21 & PO2 are flashing on the display screen. Machine cannot move or inch. Need expert advice.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir
    Good day hope you are well.
    Some problem in the perfector system occur, by bad operation:
    Try to follow this step: you have undefined position perfector: 1) do this:Carry out changeover procedure back to front-side printing. Press is operative again in front-side printing. 2) Carry out changeover procedure or sheet length change once more.
    Let me know any question or doubt

3. Bert Hews

Bert Hews Member

The machine can't move/roll.

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Please test the Limit Switchs :
    p-b229 + sensor RL8.1 +L.switch p-b231 for dirty, or loose wires, or lack of voltages, or dissadjustment.

5. contractor

contractor Member

Hi bert
    Your press has locked up during a change over be it the operator opening a guard or one of the steps in the change over hasn't made position. It's not easy to get the machine back to straight printing over a forum its generally done by an experienced heidelberg tech.
    You need to clear the errors then maybe manually get it back to straight mode then do a learning run then see why it locked up in the first place. Maybe call heidelberg nz and see if they can help.

6. Bert Hews

Bert Hews Member

Heidelberg NZ is not responding. This error happened some time ago and they had to send in 3 engineers to solve the 4th engineer they sent did the job.

7. contractor

contractor Member

I have heard of an ex heidelberg tech from nz working in Fiji not sure if he is still there or up to the job i can make some enquiries if you want.
    But i do know this isn't a simple job you can fix over a forum

8. Bert Hews

Bert Hews Member

Oh yes please, that'll be a huge help for me. Here's my email address if you do get in touch with the engineer: alberth495@gmail.com

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Did you do the this steps:Try to follow this step: you have undefined position perfector: 1) do this:Carry out changeover procedure back to front-side printing. Press is operative again in front-side printing. 2) Carry out changeover procedure or sheet length change once more.? 2) and you did and NOT work? 3)
    Did you test the Limit Switchs :
    p-b229 + sensor RL8.1 +L.switch p-b231 for dirty, or loose wires, or lack of voltages, or dissadjustment.?
    You must use the "Common sense" Remember you, the Most Valuable Tool for ANY troubleshooting is your 5 Senses.
    Let me know, because Otherwise IF you do NOT have the Skill for Repair or fix it , Will be agree with the Colleague Contractor, to call the Service Heidelberg.
    Let Me Know.

10. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

There are many, many reasons that your machine can lock up during a changeover. As already noted above, this is best to have an experienced Heidelberg tech come take a look at the machine. This is nearly impossible to fix in an online forum.