Heidelberg Offset Rookie Courses

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by AP_1994, Jun 17, 2021.

1. AP_1994

AP_1994 Member

Dear fellow members,

I am interested in becoming an operator for Heidelberg SM-74. Are there any courses that I could take online? Please guide me.

Best wishes,

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Please contact Heidelberg in his country

They will indicate you about the date, and if are available with this issue of Covid'19

Blessing

3. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Do you have any experience in offset printing, or would this be your first attempt? If you've run smaller presses before, and just looking to step up then I say go for it. If your just entering the printing business with no practical pressroom experience, i think you will find yourself in over your head!!!

4. AP_1994

AP_1994 Member

Yes, I have experience in offset printing. I can run a Heidelberg KORD and I have a good grasp of the fundamentals. I currently audit the operators at the SM-74 station therefore I have a great opportunity to learn how to operate the machine.

5. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

Well at least you know the fundamentals. The main difference between the KORD and SM 74 is the feeder, on a KORD it is single sheet fed and on the SM 74 it's a stream feeder, you can pick that up by watching and learning from someone else, within a few days. Good luck.

6. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member