Heidelberg MOZP not inching - Air Leak

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by moepspng, Aug 21, 2018.

1. moepspng

moepspng New Member

Hi Everyone

Im new to this forum and this is my first post. I would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me.

I need help with my Heidelberg MOZP 2 Color that's not inching or running.

It seems that there is a leakage but ive checked and can't locate it.

*On the operating board, none of the buttons work except the Orange button indicating air or water.

Its not a problem with water but with the air pressure.

Problem is I cannot locate where exactly is the IMG_20180822_130627.jpg air escaping. Could it be a case of faulty sensors?

Any help on how to isolate the problem will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Maurice

2. PRINTENG

PRINTENG Member

I operate a SM52, I am no expert but want to ask if there is air escaping I would of thought you could actually here the "hissing" - or is the problem the air is not getting into the system does it sound like the compressor is continually trying to get air in there? there maybe an air lock - on the SM52 by the feeder there is an air release valve by the pressure indicator which I need to clear regulary - try releasing this - regarding the buttons not working on the control panel thats a bit strange other than powering it all down I have no ideas on that one - good luck

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    If can understand well,;need help with my Heidelberg MOZP 2 Color that's not inching or running?
    If that problem is correct, If that NOT way that you have problem with the leakage in order to troubleshooting the machine:
    Please follow this Steps for troubleshooting the problem : Inching and Running.
    1) Use the Schematic Diagram for his machine, see the board SVT ? Test the connectors: SVT X1 +SVT X2+SVT X16: For field voltage output +SVT X15 for supply the rectifier module GRM 120Vdc.
    2) Test the power brige SBM1 +SBM2 For : SBM1 a) Run b) Forward Inching c) Crawl Speed d) brake and backward inching +SBM2:backwarg inching +Run +forward inching +crawl speed
    3)
    Perform a visual inspection : look for loose and broken wires, improperly seated connectors, loose or broken wires
    misset switch, missing jumpers. and so on.
    Chech for obviously damaged component(components burned or discolore due to overheating);
    Dust + dirt + tear +wear

4)
    Finally the most important tool or instrument a service technician can have is his/her senses:
    1) Sight
    2)Smell
    3)Touch
    4)Hearing

4. moepspng

moepspng New Member

Thank you to both of you for taking the time to respond to my thread. I have finally located the leak however I am unsure of the correct name of the broken part . Could you kindly identify the correct name of the piece so I may order a replacement.

Thank you so much

IMG_20180830_141931.jpg

5. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

what your picture shows is a compression fitting. Its rarely the compression fitting that goes but the brass or stainless ferrule that winds up cracking the poly tubing going into the fitting. I suggest you remove the fitting, and then cut the line cleanly, just past the crack. Then install a new ferrule onto the poly line ,and then reinstall the compression nut, without over tightening it. If after cutting the line you find its too short to re install you will need to either extend the poly line with a 2 sided push fitting or... install an entire new line from its source.