Heidelberg MOVF-H 5 Colour - Bar Problems Across Sheet

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by printer123, Jul 27, 2012.

1. printer123

printer123 New Member

Hi,
    I have a Heidelberg MOVF-H 5 Colour Press (SRA2) and have problems with all over solid jobs.

I get a bar effect going horizontally across the printed sheet.

The first bar is around 120mm and the second 250mm from the grip / bottom of the sheet.

Anyone know a way around this or how to fix ??

Many Thanks
    Kev :cool:

2. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Any specific unit?

3. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

Without seeing the sheet it would be difficult to troubleshoot a streak problem in a website forum. I will tell you that the it is not uncommon to have to reset bearer pressure from time to time on MO presses. Make sure your not overpacked and run high quality blankets. Most of the streaking problems I come across are easily solved by switching the cheap blankets most people run on MOs and using a Day blanket. If this doesnt solve the problem good chance you need to reset bearer pressure.

4. LLS northwest uk

LLS northwest uk Senior Member

sounds like the take off mark to me a lot of mo suffered from this.. there is a trick that can be done to reduce the marks but it does not always work my dad and Emile from Germany went through a lot of different things back in the day to try and fix this issue when he was with heidelberg but they never really cured it.. you also can get it on early 74s you can use tints rather than solids to make it less noticeable

5. printer123

printer123 New Member

Thank you for all getting back to me !!

Some of the tricks we have already done and do help. Will look into Bearer Pressure and see what happens.

Cheers Kev :0)

6. ryobiman63

ryobiman63 Member

M.O.' s typical . However, working many yrs ago on an m.o., we seemed to have the same situation when running solids on a pocket folder. One pressman I was working nights with had an idea. On the gear side of the units there is an adjustment to change the ocillation timing of the enamel distributing roller. I really can't truely remember what exact procedure is, but I'm remember it seemed to move the bar/stripe further to the middle where the fold was to be.

7. LLS northwest uk

LLS northwest uk Senior Member

one quick trick you can try that might help make your roller stripes 3mm instead of 4 or 5 mm this works a little