Heidelberg Mo Perfector Problems

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by HeidelbergMan13, Dec 10, 2008.

1. HeidelbergMan13

HeidelbergMan13 Member

Hey ya all...
    im running an older 6c MO with a perfector after 2,and i tell you i am impressed with the way this thing runns for an 86 its sweet,i have run half size komori
    lithrone a little newer than this one and compared to the heidelberg the komori is junk,i just started on this job about 2 months ago and i have had really good luck with it..it takes a PRESSMAN to run it for sure but i like it :) the only thing is, is when i put it in perfector for a 1/1 on 50# offset it bounced on the drive side and i couldn't figure it out, it goes in perfect to the head stop on both sides but when it comes out it bounces on that drive side not bad about two lines worth but i need to solve the problem any ideas ?

2. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

Could be a flying transfer on the pincer grippers on one side on thin stock only.

Regards.

3. HeidelbergMan13

HeidelbergMan13 Member

what do you mean a flying transfer ?and what can i do about it ?

4. mrheidelberg

mrheidelberg Senior Member

A flying transfer is when one set of grippers is still closing when the other set which is transporting the stock is opening so the stock is in effect flying by itself.
    The grippers may need to be set and bearings / cams checked to eliminate wear.
    I take it you have checked the front lays. Make sure they are working and are set up straight and correctly.
    Print on unit one only with some light weight paper and then put the printed stock through again, checking the register to eliminate the infeed.

Regards.

5. dpearson

dpearson Member

not sure, but assuming the 6c mo is similar to a late 80's 5c mo, check your air in the unit. Coming from a Komori myself, I did not know that there were independant air controls per unit. On your gear side, below the motor you should see dials to make these adjustments. Or, you may be off a fraction while engaging the drum into perfect. This could cause a miniscule bounce on the tail (though .010 isnt miniscule coming to fit). You could also try to run your first color as normal before your drum, skip a unit, and then use the next as your other printing unit. With 50lb. offset this should work fine for 25x38 and up to 28x40. Good luck, and welcome to the world of Heidelberg =)

6. jyoder

jyoder Member

hi on my 10 color speedmaster 5/5 perfector there are shut offs for the vacumm on the ends depending on sheet size, also on the manifold there are 3 valves one closest to delivery is bottom air to perfector on light weight stocks (re:40#,50#) it tends to cause sheet flutter due to the air i run with it off the other 2 valves i run 3/4 the way open light stocks hold at 11hr no problem, another trick to try set the perfector tight and open up head stops till sheet does not nick this will eliminate not enough bite on the perfector just remember plusing the head stops gives you less bite on perfector, i hope this helps i perfect anything from offset paper to gloss,matte,dull paper even cover ever have a question dont hesitate to ask and welcome to the world of heidelburg

7. HeidelbergMan13

HeidelbergMan13 Member

it turned out to be a real simple problem,the storage drum had some gritty build up on it on the drive side , i cleaned it off real good then ran cigna 2/2 200.000 imp.s at 10iph saved mega labor for me since i run that press alone,also it made me look good because they gave up on the perfector on that press years before i started working there..only draw back my boss was considering a new press....dont think it will happen now though :eek: i had to get it going i dont think i could have loaded all that twice...im 45 yo not a kid anymore:D:D:D:D

PS i didnt think a dirty storage drum would matter that much ..but it sure did..