Heidelberg mechanic

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Ricardo, Jan 26, 2018.

1. Ricardo

Ricardo Member

Hi. Ricardo here. I’m running a Heidelberg 102 zp 1994. Cp tronic console. Does anyone know a mechanic aside Heidelberg’s mechanic that can work in that type of press?. I’m having a slur problem right after the press flips the sheet. Heidelberg said that we need to replace some parts in that gripper bar. Bushings, gears etc etc. Anyone?

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

There are so many moving parts and assemblies that could be contributing to the slur it’s difficult to give you direction on a forum. Be sure that your blast air over the storage drum is present and sufficient, as well as the vacuum at the sucker bar (both sides). Also, prior to converting machine to perfect, in straight print be sure drum and ring gear at side frame are in zero position.

3. Ricardo

Ricardo Member

A heidelberg mechanic already told me that I need to change a lot of parts at the gripper barr. I just want to know if anyone know somebody to do that job aside Heidelberg. Thanks.

4. Ricardo

Ricardo Member

The slur problem is happening in the first unit. I have no idea why Heidelberg said that we need to replace some parts at the gripper barr right after the storage drum.

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

I did a lot of repair and installation work in Phoenix many years ago, and I know there were always two Heidelberg techs based there. If you ask around to fellow printers, you may find out one of the techs is independent. How much time did the Heidelberg tech spend looking over your issue? Did he get dirty at all? Or did he just open the cover and say “you need this, this, this and this....”?

6. Ricardo

Ricardo Member

He just did some adjustments at the gripper bar and that was it. He did not get dirty at all. He was in the shop for 2 hours.

7. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Put it this way, if you hire anyone outside of Heidelberg to do your perfector work, make darn sure they know, without a doubt, the version of Perfector you have and are fully insured. Saving money on a service call is important in today's business climate, but if that service is not done properly, you will spend far more than having Heidelberg come in, in the first place.

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

My colleague Junker 1984, has reason
    Carefully, the tech will be a person trained by factory, or some
    dealer agency by Heidelberg, otherwise is a risk to waste his money easy.

junker1984 likes this.
  9. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

why don't you just offer to fly JUNKER in for the repairs. Worse he can do is decline the job.

10. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Someone would have to drag me to the airport...kicking and screaming, Turbo! I am so done with traveling, especially dealing with airports and TSA.

JMasambu likes this.
  11. JMasambu

JMasambu New Member

12. JMasambu

JMasambu New Member