Heidelberg M600 drop 5VDC after 10...20 seconds after boot

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by DmitryKhn, Feb 12, 2024.

1. DmitryKhn

DmitryKhn New Member

After turning on the M600, everything starts as usual. After a couple of seconds, the green LEDs on all EAK boards begin to blink. But later everything goes out - all EAK boards stop blinking. At this moment I check the DC voltage on the screws located on the back of both EAE boards, REE board, etc., and see, that there is no 5VDC voltage (24VDC exists).

I was switch off/on M600 couple times and noticed that 5V is present immediately after switching on, but disappears after the green LED on the SEK-boards blinks once.

2. DmitryKhn

DmitryKhn New Member

One of EAK-boards was detected as faulty (using the “push/pull” method). M600 start and don't lost 5VDC, when this board is out of machine. Other side, fault repeat when this board inserted in any acceptable position (EAK1-XX, EAK2-XX)

3. Beguin

Beguin Senior Member

Good evening dear sir, what machine did you have and what is the problem?

4. DmitryKhn

DmitryKhn New Member

Machine - Heidelberg M600-4M (like this)
    Problem - machine stop response for any actions (buttons, etc.) after 20...30 seconds after switching on main power. (the check showed that the supply voltage of 5 Volts disappears in the cabinet with the cptronic circuit boards)

5. PWInc

PWInc Member

You have already identified the defective EAK as far as I understand then you should replace the defective EAK.

Presswares Inc

6. DmitryKhn

DmitryKhn New Member

my boss asked me: "did you test this EAK at each ever slot? don't? so go and test exactly every slot!" when i set this EAK to (about) 14 to 16 position, machine no more lost 5 Volt supply. And after that i put this EAK in exactly same slot from which it was removed first time! machine start, don't lost 5 Volt and works till now. and i don't know, what it was...