Heidelberg GTOZP52 2 Color Not Running

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Lama Manu, Dec 1, 2022.

1. Lama Manu

Lama Manu Member

Hi group members,
    Im having problems with my GtO not running. Forward and Backward Inch not working. All guards on A Unit responding except those on B Unit. Traced it back to the Variable Speed Limit Motor below feeding Unti and seems like lots of dirt etc is piling up inside that area. Does this have anything to do with it? Every time we switch the Turn On button the worm shaft seems like it wants to rotate but it cant. I dont know whether this is normal?
    Cheers and hope to hear from you experts

Attached Files:

2. NotAGooner

NotAGooner Senior Member

Are you aware that one of the wires is disconnected in that photo?

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Please look according with his schematic electrical diagram the following contactors;

1) when you close b5 +b2 the contactor D 224 +d223 must be pull in for Printing Unit II+I, at the same time the contactor D245 +D244 and d 210 or d114 must be work.

2) If they work o.k so you must test the contactor c3 or c4 for regulating motor( servo motor) for main motor, if there pull in, otherwise, the machine will NOT in inching F or B......!!

3) If NOT work any of them, please review loose wire, or contacts from contactor Defective or dirty, or lack of voltage to the coil of contactors, or Contactors defective.

4) Finally with a eraser pencil, you can push the small button in the contactor for to see if they work , in that way.

4. Lama Manu

Lama Manu Member

Thanks notagooner and chock for your replies. Will have a look at it on Monday when im back at work and revert back. Cheers

5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Ok Sir.

Good