Heidelberg GTOV suction stays on.

Discussion in '4-Color Offset Presses +' started by lyndon, Oct 15, 2013.

1. lyndon

lyndon Member

Help! we just finished changing the motor brushes only to noticed that the press pnuematic is not working properly and the suction stays on always... the technicians that repaired the motor says it isnt them. please advise as everything was working before the motor was repaired. we dont have any electrical schematic for the 1986 Heidelberg GTOV 52 Alcolor. Please help!

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Suction? At the sheet pickup bar? And what do you mean by the pneumatic system not working properly? Compressor does not shut down or error lamp does not go out? Was the motor sent out for the service or did they install the brushes on site? Not that it matters much, but did they do slip ring and commutator brushes?

3. lyndon

lyndon Member

the brushes was changed on the commutator and it was cleaned as well. I even asked if he is certain on the wiring as we dont have a schematic but he told us he is certain he replace the wiring properly as he marked them.

4. lyndon

lyndon Member

the suction on the sheet pickup bar stays on.

5. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

All I can figure is there may be a short in one of the 110v circuits, as the suction on/off is controlled by a 110v solenoid under the gear side cover of the feeder, you don't mention what the specific problem is with the pneumatics, there is a 110v control circuit within it also. Can't be that the 110v primary circuit would be bad, as you wouldn't be able to operate the press. Have you checked the Amphenol plugs in the back of the Alcolor control cabinet? Possibly one of those may have been jarred loose when removing or reinstalling the motor. There are not that many wires in the junction box of the motor, but enough 110V circuits that a wire or two may be transposed. Your tech said he marked them...Good. There is a numbered strip at the terminal block in the motor junction box, you may want to check the wire markings relative to the strip. Be careful to distinguish the (-) mark and the (1) marking. Good Luck

6. lyndon

lyndon Member

the problem the pneumatics is that the blue switch on the console of the press that turns on the plate dampner nothing happens but if you go direct to the valve an move the little plastic switch on the valve the dampner come on. I am still thinking he made a wrong connection in the wiring. Please advise

7. lyndon

lyndon Member

is there anyone that can provide a electrical schematic for this GTOV 52-4 alcolor even just for the paper feed impression on.

8. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Did you check the terminal strip? Did you check the Amphenol plugs?

9. lyndon

lyndon Member

morning, thanks for your guidance. so far we have checked the terminal strip and the numbers on his tape is matching the connection, but I don't know if he made error on his numbering. still nothing... please tell me where is the Alcolor control cabinet is located so that I can check the amphenol connectors. thanks

10. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

It's the stand alone cabinet with the swing open door. Only place it's ever positioned is next to catwalk, gear side feeder.

11. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

By the way, Lyndon, the wires should have preexisting markings on them, maybe double check to be sure your tech didn't mismark them. The numbers are normally white and sometime guard to read.