Heidelberg GTO Z

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by johnpaul, Dec 28, 2020.

1. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Dear All, Please help for my problem regarding GTO Z. My operator running the machine and suddenly stop. We do forward/backward inching it's not working but I heard contactors is functioning and brake motor is releasing. We try to check all safety switches and contactors is functioning. Please advise what we can do for initial checking. Thank you.

Best regards,
    John

2. member 18943

member 18943 Previous User

Machine production year? Or serial number, please.
    Check contactors K5 and K5a.
    Check 3-phase input

johnpaul likes this.
  3. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Dear Maher,
    I will look for the year and model tomorrow. I will check the contactors k5 and K5a. Regarding 3phase input, Yes there is untill to the board i can measure the 3phase.
    Thank you and will update again tomorrow.

4. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Dear Maher,

Model : GTOZ 52 two colours
    Serial number : 712912

Thank you.

5. satq

satq Member

HI have the same problem GTO Z. My operator running the machine and suddenly stop .can anyone help me

Travis Young likes this.
  6. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Please, what model year, conventional or Alcolor damps? Did it stop during production?

member 18943 likes this.
  7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;
    Since his machine three phases, i recommend test the following;
    1) 3 the FUSES F3 of the input of machine, maybe are loose , dirty, or wires, loses or corroded, tight and clean, and replace if necessary.

2)If everything is o.k go to the main trafo,and measure with the DMM, THE Input +output of transformer, and see if the Voltage are o.k according with schematic diagrams electrical of his machine.

3) If everything is Right, go to filtER 15 L1, IF is o.k go to the electronic board KLM, and see if there are Input of the electronic board to the KLM, and then Test the machine giving RUN, and see the ouput from the electronic baord KLM, and see if the output Voltage to the main Motor, can be 380 or 420 or 220Vac, or whatever voltage that is indicating in the main motor.

4) iF you do not have output in the electronic board KLM, look, for corroded, dirty, loose wires, connector loose, dirty, corroded, or fuses if there . Look for Dry+Colder Joint Solder in the electronic, very Carefully!!!!, Clean the Edge connector with very special attention, since this are the 75% problem in electronic.

5)If the there are output in the electronic board KLM, measure the input in the main terminal of MOTOR( motor can be overheating and need maintenance, clean, exchange ball bearing, new varnis, etc), and see if there are, see there are look for Problema in the brake MOTOR, dirty, defective,

5a) Please look in the LED RED light UP, when undervoltages in the electronics system.!!!!!!!!!! b) excess of temperatura in the main motor as indicated before c)excess of temperatur of heatsink in KLM D) in case that any interrupt motor line.

Good luck

8. satq

satq Member

it Alcolor damps ...

Attached Files:

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

However the troubleshooting it does Not change with Alcol9r, 8f the Machine Is Not Running, only you must ser the schematic diagrams electrical, AND proceed with The same Steps.

Send me some Pic with the measure of DMM un the place , that i did indicate please

Blessing

10. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

This is early 90’s machine, so I assume 230/460 AC drive motor. First, are your indicator lamps ALL working? These will normally tell you where to begin looking. Given Alcolor, are you certain your air pressure is sufficient? Check overshooting sheet fingers in delivery. Check brushes in main motor, both slip ring and commutator. As Chock mentioned, do your due diligence with a multimeter and check all incoming voltages and secondaries. Check that your U28 voltage monitor is functioning. Before I add more areas to search, I asked if machine stopped during production...if so, did pressman smell electrical burn?

11. minhtrieu200

minhtrieu200 Member

Attached Files:

12. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;

Please review the section of High voltage for the Display, and see if there , if is there the DIsplay is faulty.

However tight very well the connector, clean it from corroded very well, and tigh the connectors, wires, or cut cable, or ribbon cables faulty.

Try to reset the CPU, attached is there the example of my schematic how to do it, and search the type of CPU or microprocessor if there INTER or motorola via Google.

However, you must test first a) the Vcc is there are in tolerance b) Clock in MHZ with some instrument like DMM, or Frequency meter.

Attached Files:

13. SebastienVaudry

SebastienVaudry New Member

when a GTO stop suddenly, a blue light is supposed to blink somewhere on the faulty unit. If green light out and only red appears, not good

14. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi Sir:
    Yes exactly as you said.
    However, look ,for suddendly intermitente Voltage drop out of tolerance.
    2) loose wire for input Machine in the main Transformer+ secondary winding
    3) look, if some c breaker as dirty, loose wires, corroded.
    4) test Fuses, for open or faulty, looseswires, corroded, connectors dirty.
    5) contactor x main motor, contacts, wears, dirty, loose wires, missing some phase x loose wires, connectors, or Fuses, or c.breaker trigger or faulty.
    6) look for brake, mechanical fault.
    7) tight phases of main motor, or corroded, or break wires or loose connectors or corroded.

Blessing