Heidelberg GTO Printmaster 52 not inching

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by Arie, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Arie

Arie New Member

Hello.
    Can someone please give me advice on how to resolve an issue with the press not inching on my Heidelberg GTO Printmaster 52 (1999). I changed the round circuit board on the motor itself, but that did not resolve the issue. On occasion, it moves slightly, and slowly. However, it stops almost instantly. My mechanic suggested that it may be the HSK Circuit Board. Is there any way to get the schematics of this board, as I have an electrician able to fix it. Also, are there any places I can order used boards outside of Heidelberg?
    I welcome any suggestions or opinions, as I am not completely sure that this is a board issue. Thank you, in advance, for your help and input.

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Dear Sir:
    Hi hope you are well
    After reading his coments: I must inform you that Heidelberg NOT give any Schematic for ANY board to Any customer and service.
    Always they recommend you to exchange the Old board for to get some credit, and send you a New one.
    However i know some company in U.K that work very close with Heidelberg, that they Rebuild-repair the Boards.
    But you must sure what is the problem, in order to avoid expense cost for Board.
    Please see the following recommendation:
    1)when you are inching the motor , see if the Relais:k-245 or k-244 are responding well ???
    2)Did you touch the rotor POSITION sensor motor ????? if you did you have that problem, this very Sensitive matter for adjustment, let me know
    3) IF NOT Please observe in the BOARD AUK drive conversion board with HRK4 THE status LED: H1+H2+H3
    4)Observe board KLM Red LED light up? if does you have trouble in electronic voltages .This rectify the three phase supply voltage and then 6 transistors FEED the Main Motor.
    5) See if 37VAC is coming from secondary from T6 Transformer to the bridge rectifier i giving +24VDC FOR the boards??.
    6)Finally

johnpaul likes this.
  3. Arie

Arie New Member

Thank you very much, I will try to check it today and let you know if it solved my problem.
    Arie

4. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

ok Sir
    Do not hesitate to reach me, for any question or
    doubt or comments.

5. Arie

Arie New Member

Of Course.

6. Abdel Vetah Saleh

Abdel Vetah Saleh New Member

I saw the content of the conversation between you and arie and threw away the explanation and I too I have the same problem I have a GTO 52-4-P 3 713742 1996 the Motor does not start there is no technical service in my country you can help me If you want I can send some pictures

7. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

can you hear the contactors pulling in when you press the inch button?

8. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Was waiting Pics.

9. V2creative

V2creative Member

Hello All

can any body help
    I have GTO 52 ZP 1988 and panned safety Red Light ON now its not running and inching only half round
    please help what happen

thanks

10. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir;
    Hope you are well
    Please review;
    1) contactor d1 must be energized
    2) limit switchs;b72+b71+b75+b48+b42+b43a+b59.
    3) addtional contactor c1 energized
    Blessing

11. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Hi Mr. CHOCK
    I have heidelberg Z - 2. While running it's stop. We check all the safety switches and contactors are contact if we test the safety switch. We cannot inching forward/backward but if wwe can hear it contacts and break release. Please advise. thank you.

Best regards,
    John

12. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

Are you certain that the brake releases fully?

johnpaul likes this.
  13. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Dear Turbotom1052
    I am not certain for the brake releasing fully i just assume that the brake is release on it’s sound click at the motor. By the way i can measure 24v dc from the rectifier. Can you give me some advice what else should i check. Thank you.

14. precision1984

precision1984 Member

Manually pull brake handle and and try inching press. Maybe brake discs are worn or fouled.

johnpaul likes this.
  15. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:

1) I recommend that you measure the main transformer for Input (380Vac -220Vac-440Vac or Whatever Voltage that you are using, most be in 10% up or down. can be happen the Voltage is coming Higher or down, and Stop the Machine,

1) The main transformer, can be reheating(Not burning is another matter), test very well, the winding inside the isolated barniz, can be defective. and replace or goes some electrical shop and then make a test for that defect.

2) By that reasosn that increase or down the secondary main transformer, and altering the Power supply for the machine.

3) Can be happen that some power supply in coming Heat or short or open, while is Running, and by the reason disconnect the main contactor of the main contactor, and Stop the machine.

4) Of course Look, for: a) dirty, b) loose connectiono c) connector corrosion d) or broken wires e) or Edge connector contaminated , clean very well.

Happy New Year

johnpaul likes this.
  16. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

Thank you very much and i will try and will update here what happen.
    Happy New Year

17. johnpaul

johnpaul Member

I will try this. Thank you.
    My machine is GTOZ 52 two colours. Serial number 712912

18. Uros001

Uros001 New Member

Hi Mr. Chock.
    I have GTO Printmaster 1999 and suddenly stopped inching.
    First our technician found a fault on KLM board and tryed to fix.
    But motor got a special sound - till now not touchnig rotor POSITION sensor motor

Then we changed KLM board with new and got same special sound on motor.
    The new KLM card gave more speed to the machine and we found out that it is intended for other engines on another machine (turbine engine for Heidelberg SM).
    The engine was inspected by some other technician and they position rotor sensor position but not sure if correct.
    Now GTO works with old fixed card but still strange sound...when we put position sensor in first (old) position it is working worse so we changed position of sensors on Machine, the technician listens to what is the best position.
    Now I am not sure what to do? is maybe still some board fault or motor fault
    First we only changed KLM and not touching position sensors and we got noise on motor. Why motor did not work the same after we changed KLM card (not touching sensors)?
    After changing sensor position it works OK but the same sound on motor.
    I welcome any suggestions or opinions, as I am not completely sure that this is a board or motor issue. Thank you, in advance, for your help and input.

19. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

Hi,
    As I understood, both KLM modules are fine and functioning. Back to your question about position sensor on main motor. It looks it is not in right position. It's quite tricky to adjust the position sensor. Loose the small 4 TX or Phillips bolts on the base part of position sensor. As you can see, there are 4 slots around each bolt. Mark the current position by an ink marker just to be more secure. Try to inch the machine constantly if possible otherwise RUN the machine. Then turn the position sensor clockwise or counterclockwise carefully and hear the sound and check the speed at the same time. Then tight the bolts when everything is optimum.

Good luck,

20. Uros001

Uros001 New Member

Hi Mathew, hi guys!
    first thank you for your Post.
    This is also the way our technician set the engine sensors, the same as you described.
    And now they are in the best position in terms of listening to the sound, but the engine is still loud and there is a strange sound when the engine is turning.
    But the engine does not heat up in this position and has enough power to turn the machine.
    When the sensors are placed in their original original position (red markings - red dots are still visible) it is worse and the engine sounds even worse, it seems like it has less power.
    I still welcome any suggestions or opinions. Thank you, in advance, for your help and input.