Heidelberg Electricial or suggestions for repair for SORSZ & MOSP-H

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by SEColor, May 22, 2018.

1. SEColor

SEColor New Member

Hello,
    I sure would like some help in repairing or diagnosing the problem with our 1998 2-color SORSZ Heidelberg press. The pile feeder will not go UP, however the DOWN button works fine.
    The delivery pile DOWN button does not work, however, the UP button works fine.

Looks like pile UP and the delivery DOWN are connected somehow. I have checked the relays and they seem OK.
    ---------
    Another problem where I need help (Photo attached): 1990 Heidelberg 6-color, Model MOSP-H, Serial # 610660, 19 x 25 press. The plasma display went bad on the CPtronic Control Console and Heidelberg wants $7,300.00. We just don't have that kind of money. Several Companies in China offer the plasma displays for $550.00. I am wondering if anyone has tried a CPtronic Control Console, China display replacement with success?
    If needed: Heidelberg lists the part number for the Power Supply Board in our 1990 press parts book as 13DNK2, No. 63.150.0081. The circuit board number that is labeled on our board is
    91 150 0081/01DNK 001.
    Heidelberg says the replacement for the plasma display and power supply board are both listed as 63.150.0031 and 63.150.0081, which they now include as one part number of MV.036.387 /03.
    ------------
    Additionally, we would like to purchase, if available, the CPtronic manual. When Heidelberg installed the press, the service team took the English manuals for the CPtronic Control Console, leaving only the German manual. The pressman didn't know that he had a right to these manuals. They did allow us to make copies of the manual before they left, however, they are unreadable.

Attached Files:

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

SORSZ-Check your delivery low limit micro switch (gear side pile hoist chain guide bracket). Button may be stuck “in”, or switch contacts bad. As to installing pirated, reverse engineered, sensitive electronics made in China...”may the odds be ever in your favor”. I’ve not had any luck with the two boards I’ve been asked to install. But for $500, what’ve you got to lose? Other than frying one or two additional $4,000 power supply boards?

3. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir :
    Good day, hope you are well.
    Please do the A) first problem Pile feeder will Not Go up>1) check if the contactors: d227 +C5+C5A +s7(Brake main pile feeder) is closed when you push button for Pile Up.
    Use the schematic diagrams for better understanding of troubleshooting.
    The coil contactor Voltages depend of supply Input that you have in the Installation 120Vca or 220Vca .
    2) If everything is right the M4 piles hoist motor feeder , must be activaded.
    3) The limit switch b86 must be open and switch over the automatic operation.
    4) If the suction head is the correct position the limit swtich b92 is closed,the main piles moves to its final position, until the limit switch b92
    open.
    5) Look, for loose wires in the contactors, and limit switch dirty, corroded or broker, or out of adjustment. Of course in any case of contactor must be there coil voltages for to activate respectively.

B) Deliver Pile downward button does NOT work.
    1) Please make test the continuity for the switch b23, look for contacts dirty, corroded, or loose wires, 2) measure if there are 120Vca 220Vca depend of his system that you have , use the schematic diagrams, the contactor 230 must be closed, brake S8 pull (open),contact c8 attracts and motor m5 runs as long the b23 is pressed, limit swtich b37a open and contact d121 releases.

Please understand the coils of Contactor can be look fine, but Inside ( the winding is Reheating) Replace it!!, does NOT work.
    C) About Plasma monitor, is difficult to say something. However you must remember the Heidelberg it does NOT manufacturer all electrical and electronic components most of them coming from Korea, Taiwan,China etc, they use a LOT of company included Monitor, like Panasonic, K&M, etc.
    Now is his decission if you want to buy the Plasma from China, according to his Budget.

4. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Re. the generalization Chock mentions about the sourcing HDM uses for electrical components, yes, it's fact Heidelberg farms out the manufacturing of their electrical control components, however, I've not seen any OEM components originating in mainland China. With all due respect to Chock's vast knowledge, he is totally wrong in giving a quasi-blessing regarding the use or purchase of a mainland Chinese knock-off display. My experience, in both mechanical and electrical parts, leads me to believe one should not trust the viability of a "new" part selling for a nickel on the dollar. Caveat emptor.

Ricardo likes this.
  5. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    My concern is to Help anybody.
    Not to create any discussion or missunderstanding.
    I am human, Not Omnipotent in my view points.
    Finally you have 2 rights: 1) to be o.k or 2) to be wrong.
    Go ahead.

6. SEColor

SEColor New Member

Still no resolution on repairing the 1978 SORSZ. Perhaps there are retired electricians close to Athens, GA, who might consider helping with the repair. If so please call 800-282-7000. Thank you.

7. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    hope you are well.
    I did suggest a complete troubleshooting for fix it.
    Did you do the steps indicated for me?
    what else i can help you?
    i Have a LOT of printing shop that they fix it with some steps simple.

8. ashok kumar

ashok kumar Senior Member

hi dear
    We can supply the CPtronic Display only ( INR 1lacs only)

9. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    A) Please do the next when the Problem: pile feeder Not up:
    1) Press button b21, close d227 contactor, magnet brake S7 open, contactor d5 close and run M4 motor of Feeder. The pile table move Up, until the main pile limit switch b86 open and switches over the automatic operation.If the suction head is the correct position y micro limit switch b92 is closed, the main pile will be move until the final position, until the micro l. switch b92 Open.
    Please review a) loose wires, dirty, corroded , or break. b) test the limit switch if contacts are worn, or dirty, and clean or replace c) see if the Contactor, a) coil are o.k b) contacts o.k or worn, or dirty, clean or replace.
    B) Problem when The delivery pile DOWN button does not work:
    Press button b 23, contactor d230 close, brake magnet s8 pull o open,contactor c8 close and Run motor M5 for delivery, while you keep the button b 23 pressed, or safety limit switch b37a open, and contactor d 121 release.
    Review:a) loose wires, dirty, corroded , or break. b) test the limit switch if contacts are worn, or dirty, and clean or replace c) see if the Contactor, a) coil are o.k b) contacts o.k or worn, or dirty, clean or replace.
    Use the Schematic diagrams.
    C) Finally you must sure that Voltage for a) Limit swtich b) Push button c) Coil of contactor d) Magnets are present or o.k in Tolerances.