Heidelberg DI blanket washers

Discussion in 'DI Presses' started by planetzarcon, Jan 11, 2008.

1. DI.PRO.GUY

DI.PRO.GUY Member

BWD,,Get ready to laugh at me!!!!,I deserve it!!!

OK,OK I asked you guys for some help and ALL of you were great.And i spent weeks,Months,trying to fix,adjust,All four of my BWD,,They just didnt clean up at all...And in the end,,They are really important to the function of this press.It makes clean up of the blankets fast,easy, and you cut down on "down time". as long as you maintian them,which i did and before they stopped working, they worked great,no problem. 6 days a week 11 hour shift..
    So what i did i do to fix my BWD???? use THE CORRECT BLANKET WASH!!!!!!!.
    I dont know how or why i didnt notice,but i started useing the wrong wash..
    It was in the same color container and looked the same ,,but it wasnt..
    AS soon as i cleaned the units out,replace the felt and BINGO,i was back in business,no more cleaning the blankets by hand...
    You can all start laughing you *** off NOW!!!!!!!!.

2. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

We all at this forum present you the award of the golden cock, for your contribution on the big discussion on the Heidelbergs BWDevice! Be proud, only you and Jeremy Clarkson fron TopGear have won this prestigeous award. Well done :D:cool:

Happy ,that your worries are over

Attached Files:

3. DI.PRO.GUY

DI.PRO.GUY Member

I want to thank you for this great award!!!.I showed everybody in my shop!!! and they all laughed there asses off
    BUT.
    I can only hope that somebody soon,, will do something just as stupid and take this title away from me...
    Im not afriad to tell people if i make a dumb mistake..it was funny and i can laugh at myself.But i can tell you all that this will nver ever happen again
    Thanks guys!!! for all your help again,,also sorry to waste anybodys time

4. QMDavor

QMDavor QM DI press operator

DI.PRO.GUY,

I think that this discusion is not useless. Finaly you find source of problem and it's gone. Here is a lesson for some other guy who will make the same mistake. Interesting, nobody suggested you to check cleaning solution type.

Congratulations on award !!! It's nice.

d.

5. kev c

kev c Member

blanket vwashes are not very good as if you have large formats of inks then the washes soon clogg up and work ineffeciently.Blanket washes work on a roller basis and shoud use a cloth instead but dont. You are more likely to get scratches on plate using wash up devices and cleaning buy hand is far betrter than machine wash up. Remember too that ur saving a lot of costly time on not buying felt pads and not having to maintain the wash up devices if you dont use them. When you print your next job,leave the image from the last job on the blanket,back the impression cylinder slighly off then take a print pull as old image will run off in many cases

6. Mechanic

Mechanic Senior Member

Hey big apple, while I was in Germany , they tought me this : "Only the dead dont make mistakes" . Im sure every one of us in this forum has evetualy ****** up

7. DI.PRO.GUY

DI.PRO.GUY Member

heres a picture,[​IMG][/IMG]
    Im the only pressman in my shop that uses 5 gallon pails,
    so i didnt bother to look or read the labels,
    my roller wash is in a black pail,so i just assumed,,and we know what happens when you assume.

8. whatayanuts

whatayanuts Member

they never will work as good as elbow grease even brand new. never use them on more than medium coverage, or you will trash them in a few washes and have to clean them. best thing to do is to make sure they are set right. rubber rejuvinate the blankets and blanket wash roller once a week. you will get a week, sometimes 2weeks out of the felts if you run 8 hrs a day if you follow this.

9. John Roberts

John Roberts Member

Replacement Rollers

Jan Hi!

I bought a Di Classic from Switzerland this summer and the Wash up Rollers came virtually melted, how much would be for you to get them back to standard required?

10. jan

jan Senior Member

Hi John,
    depends what is to exchange:
    roller org. Böttcher 160€ per pc.
    drive wheel 90€ per pc.
    orginal oscillating mechanism HD price 1100€ per unit.
    I always refurbish them when needed (20€ up to 350€).
    Working time 200€ per unit.
    When only rollers have to be change, it would cost you 360€ per unit.
    rgds
    Jan

11. 2ampress

2ampress Senior Member

I stopped using Pronto because it is so darn expensive.
    I switched to ColorLok Express Wash which has about the same evaporation properties and have not experienced any less results.
    It works just as well and saves $$$.

As far as the blanket wash devices...I have always used mine and kept them maintained. I would change out and clean the units once a week and install fresh felt.
    I always make sure each morning before startup that each unit is full of wash and can freely spin by hand prior to operation.
    Sometimes if the press sits overnight or for a few hours, the ink that is built up inside the wash unit can dry against the wash roller and stick. If that roller is forced to rotate without first freeing it from that dried ink, it can cause a tear in the roller which is expensive to replace.
    I recommend applying wash on top of each wash roller and use your hand to manually rotate it, possibly rocking back and forth lightly until it rotates freely. This will save you $$$ in replacement of rollers and extend the life of them considerably.

Cheers,

Tracy

12. kev c

kev c Member

Yep listen to your operators,hand wash is far better on di presses and you lose time stripping down blanket washes to clean and replace felt pads as well as replacing costly roller in unit. Blanket wash device becomes soiled on solids quickly.

13. TeoPress

TeoPress Member

Hi,
    can you help me, if you have idea where can be bought 2 blanket washers for R704 year 2000???
    Thanks alot