Heidelberg Cylinder SBG 54x72 Allen Bradley

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by urbexscottie2710, Dec 10, 2019.

1. urbexscottie2710

urbexscottie2710 New Member

Hello I work for a block foil company and one of our machines a;

HEIDELBERG CYLINDER SBG 54X72 ALLEN BRADLEY
    Model number: S16327

Recently started having problems and running very slow and intermittent, we thought it was the motor so have since had new brushes and the unit reconditioned .
    It started while the machine was running at 1000 sheets per hour and it just started to slow down until it eventually stopped.
    It can freely be turned over by hand there is no seizure, the motor is now like new and yet it's still doing it.
    Is there anyone with any help or advice
    As it seems to be sluggish and like it not calibrated as it will suddenly speed up a little then slow back down and sometimes even stop.
    Any help would be appreciated. I'm new to this forum so not sure if I get notifications etc so my instagram is urbex untold just incase someone cant get hold of me or they want a video of the machine etc
    A reply asap would be amazing

Thankyou

Scott

2. CHOCK

CHOCK Senior Member

Hi sir:
    Hope you are well
    I recommend to do 3 things:
    1) Run the main motor without Load( take out the belt) and see what happen, of Course measure the Voltages at terminal of Motor, see if the Voltage is Constante, if is o.k take the 2nd Step.

2) Now put the belt again, and Run the Main Motor, take the Speed to 1.000 Iph, a) Test the terminals of Motor with the DMM(digital multimeter) see if the Voltage are o.k , b)if the motor Stop again , Run again and USE the Amperimeter Clamp Meter-Tester, measure and compare vs the ID plate of Main Motor , if the Ampers are Highter that the ID plate the Motor is faulty, and Vice-Versa if the Ampers is low, you have to examine the Input: of the machine.

3) If the the Input of machine is NOT ok, adjust the Tap of Primary of Main Transformer ART, if you have input of 380 VAC for his machine, and take 400 Vac, adjust the Tap Input Primary to 400Vac, and vice-versa.