Heidelberg CPC 21 - Replacing the monitor

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by ITatCPS, Oct 8, 2014.

1. ITatCPS

ITatCPS New Member

The monitor on our Heidelberg CPC 21 is starting to die. I have been putting quite a bit of research into replacing it but I am missing data. Has anyone else done this? What did you use?

I have tried a low frequency LCD but it was still out of range and frequency converter boards but I am having issues with the pins and figuring out exactly what the original output is.

The current monitor is a CRT DeltaScan 1402 with a 15pin plug.
    The system says I am running DOS 4.1

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Mathew

Mathew Senior Member

There is no chance to replace it with the common LCD panels since you are running MSDos on your system. Try to find it in the used market.
    Goodluck

3. ITatCPS

ITatCPS New Member

Thank you for your reply.
    Why is that? Is it an hardware issue? Or you do mean the issues with the CGA frequencies? Would a LCD made for old industrial equipment work? Something that supports ~15kHz?
    I notice that the system seems to have what looks like RCA connections going out. Is that an option? Can you suggest a place in the states that might have something that would work?

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

OEM replacement

I was able to replace ours with a MicroVitec out of Europe. Went to there web site then consulted with a sales rep.

5. PressScooter

PressScooter New Member

ITatCPS... If your still having this problem, reply. I find myself in the same boat. I would be interested in comparing notes. I think Heidelberg changed the pinouts just to keep us locked in to buying their monitors. I'm experimenting with video converters, with moderate success.