Heidelberg cd 102 problem

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by steev27, May 15, 2013.

1. steev27

steev27 New Member

Hey guys

Having problems with the cd 102 I run with fountain rollers over spinning by that I mean, when the ductor hits the fountain roller it seems to drive it beyond its set stroke ie stroke at 25 and takes a full turn as if its @ 95 ductor rollers have been reset in all 7 units and also a few different brands of rollers have been tried. Also all clutches have been replaced as it seemed to fix problem temperarely .Problem still exists . Heidelberg is trying to tell us it's a roller setting issue and they are full **** I have ran that press for over 10 years now. And would argue anyone it's a roller setting issue as it is intermittent. Seems to do it more so on uv ink but has recently started doing it with conventional ink. Any ideas guys ? Anyone else have this problem on a Heidelberg ? Thx Steve

2. junker1984

junker1984 Senior Member

Steev - Strictly mechanical function (other than CPC sweep setting), has to be oversize roller, improper roller adjustment or a worn out component(s) in ductor levers/shaft assembly. How many units are involved? Replaced all clutches? Ouch! They wouldn't be culprit in an over inking situation.

3. SMLcp

SMLcp New Member

It may just be a setting issue even if your settings look good.. The setting screws on the ductor tend to wear a hole on the end it's hitting ... For this I have taken that screw out, reversed it so the flat part of the screw head is hitting now and cut a standard notch in the other end so I can adjust !
    Hope this can help

4. exheidmech

exheidmech Senior Member

I have never heard of this issue and would almost think its impossible for a ductor roller, even spinning at full speed to make a fountain roller turn from 25% to 95% with ink in the fountain. Could it be a ink sweep motor issue? Its not uncommon for ink sweep motors to creep. Could it be that your ductor roller is oversized?

5. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor Member

Hi
    You have many things to consider that will cause the problem. from Ink to Mechanic issues to electrical issues.
    The first thing is try a different Ink as some inks will cause over running of ink duct sweep.
    Do you have the old style ink sweep? Meaning is the motor speed adjustment located on the operator side? If yes, then check the potentiometer readings and check the cable is not faulty between the causes a loss in feedback from the pot , which will force the sweep to increase to 95.

6. heidi_helper

heidi_helper Member

I agree with exheidmech. Potentiameters on the sweep motors or motors themselves. That would be intermitant.

7. heidi_helper

heidi_helper Member

Another issue I have seen in older 102s is sticky buttons at the console. You tap it and walk away and it got stuck n kept goin.

8. Frank Taylor

Frank Taylor Member

I agree too with heidi_helper with ref. to Sticky buttons 100% need to be checked too :)

9. idrisc

idrisc Member

I have experience this problem sometimes ago . When the Ductor roller contact the Ink Ductor roller at the same the Ductor roller still have contact with Oscillating roller which drive the roller to ink roller speed. Pls check.

10. asem alsafady

asem alsafady Senior Member

Are you using 59mm or 60mm diameter?

11. turbotom1052

turbotom1052 Senior Member

You might want to be sure that the ink ball pump handle, on the gear side of press is in the forward (pointing towards the feeder) position.

12. Jack liston

Jack liston Senior Member

Hi Steve on cd press I'm running there is a selection to keep ink ball moving Dw2 in menu maybe you have board issue with this setting good luck