Heidelberg 2color SM52 vs EMO

Discussion in 'Heidelberg Printing Presses' started by bigal, Sep 2, 2011.

1. bigal

bigal Member

Hi, I am trying to make a choice between a 2-color Heidelberg EMO and SM52-2 which has been recommended to me. Can someone suggest which one is comparatively better in terms of quality, registration, reliability, maintenance etc.

2. Meny

Meny Senior Member

This il like making a choice between a farari and a banana....
    complete different printing size , different age of Technology and big difference in price.
    What do you want to use it for ? how long are you runs ? 2 color jobs ? 4 color jobs ?
    what is your final output/ cut size ?
    if you want to print lables / cards , you will get more on the MO , so it will be an advantage.
    but if you simply print A-$ doubles , you need the Sm 52 size.
    The MO wil take bigger plates so if you do not need & use the full size it is just sending Aluminium down the drain.

If you want a SM 52-2 , i know some one who has a very nice - like new year 2000 SM 52-2 for sale.

3. bigal

bigal Member

Actually all I need is a 2-color Heidelberg brand capable of printing A2 paper size -- 420 x 594 mm -- 16.5 x 23.4 in (double A3 size). Shorter runs - maybe 2,000 - 10,000 impressions per day for full color work.

Perhaps you or someone can point me to a much better choice than what was suggested to me. I think the SM52 size does not fit my need.

4. Meny

Meny Senior Member

This is for sure - SM 52 can not print A-2 size , it's a 36X52 Cm press.
    BUT , on a SM 52 you can print 2 X times A/3 in 2 runs and get the same result.
    MO is OK but for size.
    What is your budget ?
    What is the kind of jobs you want to print?
    do you need high quality ir Ghana hige quality ?
    As i know , in Africa , the amount of work is not big and tye budget is normaly very low , start from the money and go on from that point - what is you budget - i will find you a solutions to your budget.

5. bigal

bigal Member

6. aqazi81

aqazi81 Senior Member

Another choice would be a SORKZ or Komori Sprint....

7. Meny

Meny Senior Member

Technicaly , he can find alot of options , cheap options but is it right to buy such old technology ?
    The difference between a SORK and a speed master is huge , but the price is not so different.

If i understand right , The opener of this chain wants to open a new printing business. He has no market share and he needs to be better , faster & maybe cheaper in order to gain his market share - he will have competitors who already have a share in the market and known to customers.

If he gets a SM with CPC & Alcolor , he will have a press that can beet other printers with SORK & SORM presses.
    He can do more work in less time and make money.

By the way, Komori is a very good choice , but not a Komori at this low budget and not for Ghana - it is out of the question as no service & no printers who know it